Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Time for 1st Service

Just got back from the misses place, 503 miles on the clock now! time for a service WOOP! Very Happy tyres scrubbed in all the way to edge aswell Very Happy but god is this little 600 fast Shocked

@Davehutch wrote:
have you got it booked in then ?

Nope, but going to do the oil change and what not in a couple days, £100+ for oil/filter and to check bolts is a joke..

@fr499y wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

Nope, but going to do the oil change and what not in a couple days, £100+ for oil/filter and to check bolts is a joke..

thats a rip off if you aint bothered about getting the stamp just DIY matt thumbs

Be worth that money when you come to sell. Make it much more saleable

@2wheels wrote:

tbf, never known someone to buy a bike purely on the service manual, in fact the SV I had wasn't serviced by a dealer, still got top money for it. Very Happy

ive never had service history on a bike,milage doesnt bother me i go on condition etc thumbs

@2wheels wrote:

well I agree with you two wheels - gives more confidence in an expensive purchase.

@fr499y wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

This is how they reject your guarantee. Its a rip off.

Never paid for a first service yet.

Bikes, car's, utes,
got 8 brand new Kia trucks about to get there's.

Sort out all the costs, spec's, finance etc etc
when you buy something new, get a Rock-Solid price,
and with the pen in your hand, just about to sign,
ask..."this does include the 1st service?"

If it doesnt, say deals off and walk away.
Never failed for me yet, and they cant stick it
on a price thats already been agreed to.

1st service is p1ss-easy and costs them very little
in time, labour or materials.

On seconds thoughts.....
You lot keep paying it !!
If everyone does what I do they'll add it
onto the original cost... Laughing

Might be worth mentioning to those that dont know,
service books arent hard to get hold of,
and rubber stamps/dealer stamps are easy to get made,
either a copy of a local dealer or a Mickey Mouse
made up name from out of town one.

2 or 3 years service history takes about 10 minutes to create.

A service history with a bike is nice,
but im very cautious when buying.

If service history really means a lot to you,
check with the dealer, as he should have a record.

My dads a mechanic anyway, so shouldn't be any problems. We spoke to Honda before and they said its not very often a Honda breaks in the first 3/4 years unless its abused! They also said that the service costs are a joke for such a small job lol. If its something major they will have to recall anyway without asking questions thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
We spoke to Honda before and they said its not very often a Honda breaks in the first 3/4 years unless its abused!

one of mine did,the reg rec packed up at 3 years old and fried the battery.£175 for a new one

@fr499y wrote:
We spoke to Honda before and they said its not very often a Honda breaks in the first 3/4 years unless its abused!

one of mine did,the reg rec packed up at 3 years old and fried the battery.£175 for a new one

Chance im willing to take Smile money i save from the service can go towards any parts i might need Laughingthumbs

@fr499y wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Chance im willing to take Smile money i save from the service can go towards any parts i might need Laughingthumbs
Tight sod get ya money out lol!

@dick65 wrote:
ive never had service history on a bike,milage doesnt bother me i go on condition etc thumbs

Personally I'd prefer to buy a bike with no stamped service book if the owner has done the work himself and has at least some supporting receipts and a clue [1] but then again I haven't bought owt under 3 years old.

[1] Unlike the ZZR seller that was telling me how he had recently done the valve clearances. "Yeah they're easy enough, only a lock nut and adjuster". Didn't buy that one then! Laughing

@Macie_UK wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

Personally I'd prefer to buy a bike with no stamped service book if the owner has done the work himself and has at least some supporting receipts and a clue [1] but then again I haven't bought owt under 3 years old.

[1] Unlike the ZZR seller that was telling me how he had recently done the valve clearances. "Yeah they're easy enough, only a lock nut and adjuster". Didn't buy that one then! Laughing

always had receipts for work done and usually knew who owned them,but as mentioned always approach with caution thumbs

@lee wrote:
@fr499y wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Tight sod get ya money out lol!

Tight :O yeah your right there, have just spent £300+ on a set of cans for the zed, but hey ho. I used to get new bikes serviced the first time but the prices there charging now is a joke. I always keep receipts of work done, ya never know when you might need them Smile