Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richguzzi

Zed project

Ok folks here is my Zed project,which I started a few months ago, although I have been collecting/hoarding parts for a while. It is a Z1000 frame that I have modifed to take a ZR7 motor - would have loved to use a Z1000 engine but have you seen how much they go for Shocked, whilst having an angle grinder & welder handy I also added a bit of bracing and 'lost' bits of the frame deemed surplus.

The next stage was to sort the swingarm, after a bit of research a CB400 swingarm was acquired (£5 off ebay Very Happy ). After fitting bigger bearings, drilling out the frame and moving the shock mounts to suit the Ohlins (another ebay bargain) the bikes stance looks good. Next stage is to line up the wheels - left over from a previous build - so I can make/adapt some spacers and fit an underslung rearbrake. Piccy taken before shock mounts were moved

Great work look forward to the progress thumbsthumbs

very nice work , now get the hoover out LaughingLaughing

Look forward to seeing her finished, thanks for sharing the pics and info thumbsthumbs

A bit more progress, took the bike to work saturday and had a productive morning Very Happy . Made the main part of the battery tray, folded up a electrics tray, put in bar to get the seat to sit in the right posistion and a brkt to hold the rear light & number plate.

Congrats on the work so far. Already beyond what I would be able to do! LaughingLaughing Keep the updates coming thumbs