Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Yesssssss ! no MOT FOR PRE 60S!!!!!!

I Can't understand this,

surely these old rust buckets with outdated brakes and suspension dropping oil all over the road,
put them in a museum were they belong.

should have strickter test not none Wink .

hide

it was only a joke lol!

@Grumpyowl wrote:
I Can't understand this,

surely these old rust buckets with outdated brakes and suspension dropping oil all over the road,
put them in a museum were they belong.

should have strickter test not none Wink .

hide

Can see what ya mean, but them sort of bikes will be owned by either Dave's age hide or people who will look after then properly Surprised

So, if a 1951 Series C Rapide costs about £24,150, how long will it take to pay for itself in tax and MoT exemptedness? scratch

Answers on a postcard along with bank details please v funny

does this mean anyone can buy a rusty restoration project and legally ride it on the road without it being road legal or safe. affraid

@jezza wrote:
does this mean anyone can buy a rusty restoration project and legally ride it on the road without it being road legal or safe. affraid
Yep LaughingLaughing

@Stue11 wrote:
@jezza wrote:
Yep LaughingLaughing

bit of kurust and hammerite job done Laughing

i understand tax, but mot i thinks a bit silly, think of the dangerous bikes there could be?

i knwo they may not meet modern mot's so maybe do a different type of mot.

i understand tax, but mot i thinks a bit silly, think of the dangerous bikes there could be?

mot doesnt mean a vehicle is 100% road worthy
anything can happen when it leaves the testing station

it does seem a ridiculous ruling as every vehicle on the road should have a yearly check , this does include them bloody caravans that just seem to explode going down the motorway, what a effin mess they make.

@lee wrote:

mot doesnt mean a vehicle is 100% road worthy
anything can happen when it leaves the testing station

true mate it is down tio the rider to keep it road worthy, but surely an old crust bucket, whats been bodge welded, cracked up tyres, leaking fuel shouldnt be allowed on the road,

@jezza wrote:
it does seem a ridiculous ruling as every vehicle on the road should have a yearly check , this does include them bloody caravans that just seem to explode going down the motorway, what a effin mess they make.

i had this happen in front of me on the M6 a few years back, caravan got into a sway and the just disintergrated as it rolled over, one of the old wooden types, suitcases and clothes everywhere.... crapped myself..

@jezza wrote:

i had this happen in front of me on the M6 a few years back, caravan got into a sway and the just disintergrated as it rolled over, one of the old wooden types, suitcases and clothes everywhere.... crapped myself..

Wow cooool... I'd have loved to have seen that, exploding caravan affraid

As for idiots who fly through dry stone walls coz they're too tight to buy new brake pads, hmmmm I'm all for Darwinian selection fofl

One one hand I can still remember some of the idiotic things people tried to scam their bikes through the MoT twist BUT I will never forget trying to explain that the rubbish brakes on my 1942 Hardly Ableson WLA 45" never worked even when it was new coz yanks can't build motorbikes. They'd never pass a modern weight/braking force test.
It's always been the arbitrary year for tax exemption I've taken issue with. All motorcycles should be exempt, accept Hardlys as they should be rated as trucks v funnyv funnyv funny