Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

DC3 WWII Plane Low Fly

heard a noise earlier on thought it was a harley going down the road, looked up to find a fecking plane within scraping distance of the top of the house.. proper *HOLY SH*T* moment!!! its just flew past again but missed it twice now with the camera >_<

*Edit*
Got ya!

B42? New one on me TBH. B52 would have been some treat, if that's what it was. And no pics slaphead

yeah changed title hehe, its a bomber i know that much lol

We used to get the city of Lincoln flight around here quite often. Two Spitfires and a Lancaster. Now that really was an aural treat. Very Happy

Looks like a Dakota transport plane in D-day stripes,

Think your right on that thumbs used to get red arrows flying over this way Very Happy

Yeah its a DC3 i love all ww2 planes and its the D Day colours as well. imo best sounding aeroplanes in the world with the spitfires. i love going to the air shows with these classic old girls flying! thumbs

@day101 wrote:
Yeah its a DC3 i love all ww2 planes and its the D Day colours as well. imo best sounding aeroplanes in the world with the spitfires. i love going to the air shows with these classic old girls flying! thumbs
thumbsthumbs Luke know's stuff thumbs especially when it comes to aircraft thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
then i shall change the title :P
LaughingLaughingLaughing me on the other hand havent a clue but i also love going to air shows thumbsthumbs perhaps Luke will take me to one soon thumbsthumbs

Just been watching a few vids of the Spit & Lanc, for example

none get that low WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO like when you actually see them. Must be the percussion of the air or something. Getting all misty eyed here...........

Just been watching a few vids of the Spit & Lanc, for example

none get that low WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO like when you actually see them. Must be the percussion of the air or something. Getting all misty eyed here...........
thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
then i shall change the title :P

I keep looking at this thread cos I think its a new one , don't change it again Laughing

Yeah it's a Dakota. When I were a lad I used to live on the flight path into Northolt airport. I can remember Daks flying so low over my house you felt you could reach up and touch them. In fact a lad at my school used to be able to throw a tennis ball up and actually hit them they were that low!! Shocked

@aceuggy wrote:
Yeah it's a Dakota. When I were a lad I used to live on the flight path into Northolt airport. I can remember Daks flying so low over my house you felt you could reach up and touch them. In fact a lad at my school used to be able to throw a tennis ball up and actually hit them they were that low!! Shocked

Gotta admit, the first time it flew over tonight i did say to myself "HOLY SHIT ITS GUNNA HIT THE CHIMNEY!!" but at the same time trying to take a picture lol

this was the kiddy!
http://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/theaircraft/dakota947.cfm

@aceuggy wrote:

Respect to that kid salutesalute

Cracking pic mate, especially given the haste of the shot thumbsthumbs