Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pugeyed

hein gericke oil offer.

here is a link for hein gericke 10/40w semi oil.
went to northampton store and he didnt know anything bout the offer as its in store price is £24.99

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/hein-gericke-4-takt-motorradol-sae-10w-40-14282.html

he honoured the online price of £11.99 thats just £2.99 a litre!

or if your not near a store get it delivered for £3.99
good price in my eyes.
thumbs

yeah cheers mark adds up with two bikes m8 Laughing

@pugeyed wrote:
here is a link for hein gericke 10/40w semi oil.
went to northampton store and he didnt know anything bout the offer as its in store price is £24.99

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/hein-gericke-4-takt-motorradol-sae-10w-40-14282.html

he honoured the online price of £11.99 thats just £2.99 a litre!

or if your not near a store get it delivered for £3.99
good price in my eyes.
thumbs

If it was the manager then his a tool anyway!

@darkember wrote:
How good is the stuff has anybody got it in their bikes??

its motul packed for heine gerike ive had it in bikes before and its fine thumbs

Just got some at that price its a steal! thumbs

Word of warning, its crap. Had it in the b6, drained oil after 1809 miles to replace a gasket planning to put it back in and it was all lumpy and broken. I stick to what I've always found good Fuchs super 4, £28 locally. Cheapest I've ever seen it

Never had a problem with it myself . Used it in the gsxr the sv and now the bandit Very Happy

Word of warning, its crap. Had it in the b6, drained oil after 1809 miles to replace a gasket planning to put it back in and it was all lumpy and broken. I stick to what I've always found good Fuchs super 4, £28 locally. Cheapest I've ever seen it

Thats alot of miles Chad. I usually do a change every 1K, but I am concerned about what you have described. Could you elaborated on its colour & did it have any particulates in it.

ive used it for years with no probs,weird one that scratch

It sounds very much like Chad had some sort of contamination in his sump for it to do that. What did it look like in the eye glass?? & did you have any deposits on the filler cap?? White foam/jelly like scum/black/brown sludge ect?? Note to remember on a bandit there is no water cooling so there would be no water contamination.

If there was any water or emulsified oil it could have been condensation or a breather problem. Oils today will last way beyond their normal service date. Used to test them in a laboratory. 5-6k for a modern semi or fully synthetic oil is no problem. Ive always changed both car at bike at 5k. Never had a lube or engine problem in 50 yrs. Ive stripped and analysed engines that have never had an oil change, just a top up and most have been within tolerance.

what's normally the first thing to go then on an engine that's never had a change?

I know it differs how the engine's are built what they are made of, oil flow passages etc etc.

The crank and camshafts. White metal (babbit) bearings are softer than the crankshaft steel and are designed to wear. When badly worn they expose the copper backing to the bearing. They also trap small abrasive particles in the bearing material to prevent them causing damage. However in a badly maintained engine these will be uncovered as the white metal wears away and then you have something akin to grinding paste. This will also result in increased running clearances and a lowering of the oil pressure lubricating the bearings. Its always a good idea to examine the oil taken out. This is standard practice for fleet vehicles. Small amounts of shiney filings/slivers are normal wear and tear.

@dick65 wrote:
@darkember wrote:
How good is the stuff has anybody got it in their bikes??

its motul packed for heine gerike ive had it in bikes before and its fine thumbs

agree We use it, with no probs. Probably wouldn't use it in a new or new-ish bike, but for owt else it seems fine...