Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

which do you recomend , Mel and I was talking about them while away this weekend and now jezza has mentioned them too , dont know anything about them , do they go inside your lid ? out side ? not got a clue so any info would be good thumbs

mine is the scala g4 powerset , mike goes inside the helmet the unit fixes to the outside .
connected mine to the satnav when i popped over to the rideout pub the other week, also connects to phone , has a fm radio installed (which aint briliant)and you can connect to a mp3 via a jackplug......the added advantage is that the g4 can connect upto 4 other units which means you can have bike to bike to passenger chat, even if someone is just passing by you.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-g4-powerset#overview

we used to have the hard wired autocom system which was brilliant however the connecting of the cables everytime we got on and off was a bit of a pain.

have a good look at mine next time we catch up.

@jezza wrote:
mine is the scala g4 powerset , mike goes inside the helmet the unit fixes to the outside .
connected mine to the satnav when i popped over to the rideout pub the other week, also connects to phone , has a fm radio installed (which aint briliant)and you can connect to a mp3 via a jackplug......the added advantage is that the g4 can connect upto 4 other units which means you can have bike to bike to passenger chat, even if someone is just passing by you.

http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-g4-powerset#overview

we used to have the hard wired autocom system which was brilliant however the connecting of the cables everytime we got on and off was a bit of a pain.

have a good look at mine next time we catch up.
cheers Jez will do m8

I also had the autocom , but as jezza has said times have moved on , and im sure you can get better ,

You either get voice operated ones (vox) or you have to push a button to talk (PTT).

The mike and earphones go inside your lid. Some (usually cheaper ones) have a little PMR unit that you drop in your jacket pocket or lob under the seat.

The modular ones also allow you to connect to an mp3 player, mobile, sat nav, coffee maker etc as do the bluetooth ones, assuming your bits are bluetooth enabled [1]

Have had three in the past (none of the bluetooth ones though), the Autocom was miles better for bike to bike than the other two cheapo ones, plus was hardwired in so no messing about with batteries. Dunno about rider to pillion though, never saw the need myself.

[1] Be wary of satnavs here, just because you can connect your mobile to it via bluetooth DOES NOT automatically mean that your satnav *transmits* directions over blootooth. I know, I bought 3 different ones before I found one that did.

ive got coms for rider to pillion, or you plug your phone/walkie talkies in, never used it but was £1.50 at aldi Wink

if your after rider to pillion talking you can get cheap plug in ones between the bikes, or if you want wireless etc they go up a bit Wink or you get bluetooth helmets/helmet attachments

threw mine away .... the wifes screaming got too much for me in t6he end

@Neill wrote:
threw mine away .... the wifes screaming got too much for me in t6he end

most people say that or mate dad took the wire off his ear piece and just said "yes dear" and "oh thats nice" she did click on eventually fofl

I like to hear nothing but me bike whilst riding LaughingLaughingthumbs ps dont tell Mel thumbs

I've got an Autocom sat in the garage. I would like to upgrade to the Scala setup when I can afford such luxuries. I will say we found an intercom to be a great way to tolerate long mileages. I reckon it's worth 100 miles a day extra thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
I like to hear nothing but me bike whilst riding LaughingLaughingthumbs ps dont tell Mel thumbs

foflfoflfighting

Get 2 bluetooth helmets (the same) or 2 bluetooth headsets and they will connect to each other plus you can connect to your fone and you can use your fone as a music player as well Dave.