Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

French crap !

Doing the clutch cable on the wife's Pug 206.
What an easy job made absolutely impossible. Engine bay end no probs but trying to attach the cable to the pedal causing me no end of grief angryangry should of been going to Squires tomorrow with Mark and anyone else but gonna have to spend the day figuring a way to sort the mrs car did I say Bl censoredcensored dy French crap! sorry I feel better now Embarassed

Thanks Stan thats a really good write up(far better than Mr Haynes) because I couldn't get to the cable attaching point at the clutch pedal I removed the pedal slaphead which now the new cable is in won't re-attach head bang I'll get there mate just thought I would be going out on the bike tomorrow and now i'm not Sad

Yes your right had one go on a Citroën a few years back and it was a pain in the ass

i dont think ill be out on my bike either mate cos ive done me back in Sad

Oh No! affraid get some deep heat on it Stan you need to be fighting fit for the rideout mate! bouncebounce

ive just twisted it i think it feels a bit better today thumbs

Got to take care mate non of us are getting any younger it seems like I pull my back shoulder or neck every other week nowadays Rolling Eyes On a separate note the clutch has destroyed itself and its the last nail in the coffin for the wife's car, think a burial by cremation is the best remedy rip

my misses got a little old 106, damn thing eats brake light switches for breakfast!! think shes been through 8 of them in 2 years. French cars, cheap to buy, loose a lot of money and if you get a bad one get shot asap lol

@fr499y wrote:
my misses got a little old 106, damn thing eats brake light switches for breakfast!! think shes been through 8 of them in 2 years. French cars, cheap to buy, loose a lot of money and if you get a bad one get shot asap lol

got a Haynes manual with 3 A4 sized pages of repairs done in the last 4 years Head gasket, injectors, coil springs, struts, bushes, 2coil packs, 2 1/2 exhausts (inc cat) , drive shafts wheel bearings...it goes on. Wish I'd taken your advice and got shot a long time ago! BUT the wife loves it head banghead bang

@fr499y wrote:

got a Haynes manual with 3 A4 sized pages of repairs done in the last 4 years Head gasket, injectors, coil springs, struts, bushes, 2coil packs, 2 1/2 exhausts (inc cat) , drive shafts wheel bearings...it goes on. Wish I'd taken your advice and got shot a long time ago! BUT the wife loves it head banghead bang

same with the misses, loves her little pug, swear any part that can be replaced has been replaced ( same stuff as your 206! ) only thing that seems to be original is the body and the interior lol

Good to hear, need you fit for the ride next week thumbs
me back is sorted a mate gave me some tablets and theyre magic thumbs

Good to hear, need you fit for the ride next week thumbs
me back is sorted a mate gave me some tablets and theyre magic thumbs

Glad to hear it thumbs See you on Saturday mate thumbs

206 clutch cable fightingfightingfighting

lots of swearing needed then they go on LaughingLaughing

Got the clutch cable in lee thumbs then pumped the pedal for the self adjuster to work, took it for a spin round the block and got severe clutch slip then the clutch disintegrated Sad and enough is enough i'm going to try and get the 3/4 tank of fuel out Rolling EyesRolling Eyes then scrap it cos its a pile of poosurrender

I've been stupid enough to have owned two French cars, a Citroen Xantia and a Renault Espace. It seems our friends across the channel have a different logic to the rest of the world when putting cars together. I'm now driving a boring Vauxhall Astra, at least if it goes wrong the answer/repair SHOULD be within the realms of human understanding Rolling Eyes

Old and Disgraceful racer2

Funny you all should of said that because I bought a second hand C5 and when the year is up and the warranty is finished it is being traded in, it has been back and forth to the dealers every two weeks on average Shocked