Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

4,000 mile service

just come back from the lakes and have 3,520 miles on the clock , going down to kent in 3 weeks , how important is the service to be done on the miles ? should it go in before or is a few hundred miles on top not a problem ? may get the miles done before i go kent or it could happen while there in kent if you know what i mean

A few miles extra won't kill it Dave. You're doing good distance trips so the oil will be nice & hot, that's the biggest single thing. I'd leave it til you get back. Smile

doesn't hurt to be a few under/over. Its only a guide line, but that doesn't mean a 500 mile service at 1,000 miles or a 3,000 at 5,000 if you know what i mean lol

It will make no difference modern oil is far better these days.

You're going to put 700 miles on it going to Kent? scratch

As eveyone else has said, a bit over will be fine Dave thumbs

All been said above....do it on your return thumbs

Modern oils will work way beyond their stated service limit and still lubricate and protect. Remember service intervals are 'recommended' not set in stone. Get it done on your return and enjoy the trip. thumbs

TheBiker46 wrote:
Modern oils will work way beyond their stated service limit and still lubricate and protect. Remember service intervals are 'recommended' not set in stone. Get it done on your return and enjoy the trip. thumbs
agree

will need new rubber again after 700 miles , on that monster LaughingLaughing

only got 350 miles now, and go to chads on the 17th , so going to ring up this morning and see if i can book the bike in that morning before we head down there there , think i will do the miles by then