Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

The Sons ..

Youngest Son
Has managed to get himself another job! He left school then to college to do his automotive mechanics course, which he passed. Credits and Distinctions all over his grades. Has now managed to get a job as an HGV Fitter. More hours, but should just about double what he's getting paid. He's been at the garage he's cirrently working at for close on 7 years, so hasn't just got the experience and ran. I think he's more than paid the guy back so he has his week to work then starts his new job. thumbs

Eldest Son
Recently got a new job working for a garage/ maintenance centre attached to a car dealership. He's done his MOT Technician course so is running that for them and he's gradually started running the maintenance side of the business for them as well. He also went to college and did his course, again with Credits and Distinctions all over his grades. thumbs

Both seem to be managing and progressing well. And good to see two lads working and earning rather than wasting time and sponging of the benefit system.

I know I'm a bit biased, but just to let people know that some of the youngsters are out working thumbsthumbs

Its no suprise to me having met ya, your a top bloke and im sure having a dad like yourself as given the lads the encouragement to do well so i also salute you thumbs

Good news Mike , hope they both do well in they new job.s , iv always said keep you head down work hard and it pays of in the end thumbsthumbs

Good news Mike. My trade was a mechanic but on earthmovers. Both my kids work hard as well. Daughter a nurse and son drives a tower crane. Now they want him to go to Germany to learn how to put them up and maintain them. To his credit he's never had a day off ill since he started work and he's 26. Be proud of your kids achievements thumbs

there a credit to you mate,you must be well proud of them thumbs

All the best of luck to them Mike thumbs especially in the current economic climate the country is in its good to hear that people through hard work can progress. No wonder your proud mate! thumbsthumbs

Nice 1 mike credit to ya,you must be very proud thumbsthumbs

they sound like good lads mike mine arent so bad either oldest son is an i t engineer and youngest is working for hewlett packard on an apprenticeship dont know too much about it as hes had to sign the official secrects act but its mod stuff oldest son drives a new bmw and also has a 280 bhp polo and runs a wheel dealership in his spare time ( he makes an absolute fortune £3.000 the other week }

@madcarper wrote:
your a lucky man mike, sometimes i wish i never bothered with em.

At times mate I would agree with the above angry . As most people know, it's not all plain sailing and there's alot of work goes into them. All you can do is as much as you can and hope it all works out thumbsthumbs

Thanks to all for the comments, very much appreciated thumbsthumbs

As I said above, they can be hard work at times and there does come a time that you can only hope they've learnt enough and that they'll be okay. thumbs

I think it's time I let them both know I'm proud of what they've achieved and where they are at the moment thumbsthumbsthumbs