Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macie_UK

New bike circuit in Wales...

Plans have this morning been revealed for a £250m low-carbon motorsport venue in Wales which could attract the MCE British Superbike Championship or even WSBK and MotoGP after 2015.

The Circuit of Wales, in Gwent's Ebbw Vale, will include a 3.5-mile circuit complex to host both motorcycle and car racing but the project will also include investment in industrial, commercial and leisure developments.

Full details here...

Now that would be great thumbs my family have been talking about this for a while awesome thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Now that would be great thumbs my family have been talking about this for a while awesome thumbsthumbs
i should add i have a few family members live whithin walking distance of these proposed plans thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
i should add i have a few family members live whithin walking distance of these proposed plans thumbs

That's sorted then, party party at Stue's in 2015 LaughingLaughing

@Macie_UK wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

That's sorted then, party party at Stue's in 2015 LaughingLaughing
thumbsthumbsthumbs

The biggest plus is that people don't seem to be throwing their hands up and screaming "NO" to a proposed Motorsport Venture. A bit like the people round Croft circuit in Darlington did. Wonder if they realise how much that particular bit will cost them? Still. Good news about the propsed track and investment thumbs Fingers crossed thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Tent in the garden then thumbsthumbs

The biggest plus is that people don't seem to be throwing their hands up and screaming "NO" to a proposed Motorsport Venture. A bit like the people round Croft circuit in Darlington did. Wonder if they realise how much that particular bit will cost them? Still. Good news about the propsed track and investment thumbs Fingers crossed thumbsthumbs

Give 'em time for it to sink in Rolling Eyesracer2

TheBiker46 wrote:

I think these days people might be a little more tolerant of the disturbance and noise if it brings employment and money into the area for now anyway,things might change when/if the economy recovers.

let you into a little secret if you promise not to tell anybody the problem at croft has nothing to do with noise,the circuit manager was playing away and his wife found out so she kicked him out and guess who is now spearheading the anti noise campaign.

TheBiker46 wrote:

I think these days people might be a little more tolerant of the disturbance and noise if it brings employment and money into the area for now anyway,things might change when/if the economy recovers.

let you into a little secret if you promise not to tell anybody the problem at croft has nothing to do with noise,the circuit manager was playing away and his wife found out so she kicked him out and guess who is now spearheading the anti noise campaign.
foflfoflfoflfofl

Wonder if there will be an electric fence round it to keep the sheep off the track LaughingLaughing

Sounds good we need more circuits, we have croft but moaning t@#ts have ruined it so BSB pulled out of racing here Sad

@lee wrote:
Wonder if there will be an electric fence round it to keep the sheep off the track LaughingLaughing

No need once they hear the zips on the leathers they'll be off and running foflfofl

@haveugot1 wrote:
Sounds good we need more circuits, we have croft but moaning t@#ts have ruined it so BSB pulled out of racing here Sad

Not just Croft though, Rockingham have had permanent noise restrictions for years, Snetterton are having a bit of a current nightmare with the moaners and have a blanket 102dB limit on track days like Oulton, Donno can't have 3 consecutive noisey days and even Mallory are now taking a lot of flak from the locals. Mind you, the Mallory problem was started by some car muppets having a drift race at 10PM earlier in the year, but it is a bit daft that the motorcross track is nearer the village and they don't get noise tested. scratch

Not as daft as being black flagged on a Donington track day for being too loud, and then not being able to hear the marshall explain it to you because of the noise of a plane taking off! No

Not as daft as being black flagged on a Donington track day for being too loud, and then not being able to hear the marshall explain it to you because of the noise of a plane taking off! No

thumbsShockedShockedthumbsLaughingLaughingLaughing