Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oldfart

Another Carl Fogarty Gem

Here's a quote from Carl Fogarty that'll get some of you going: "There is no such thing as a great rider before 1975. If people like Surtees were around today, at the age of 28, they'd just be another rider on the grid."

In 40 years time he will be that person on the grid.

@Kenb wrote:
In 40 years time he will be that person on the grid.

Dead right there--- silly thing to say--All relative to the time, & technologies of each era...
(i.e)--
I wonder how he'd fare against riders of that time, riding the bikes of their time??
Who could say ??.

so Mike Hailwood,Giacomo Agostini,Bill Ivy,Barry Sheene,Jarno sarrinen,Kenny Roberts,are no good.this man is a pen*s the sooner he drops off the radar and retires to a remote island the better,he is the most arrogant to55er I have ever had the misfortune to meet.

so Mike Hailwood,Giacomo Agostini,Bill Ivy,Barry Sheene,Jarno sarrinen,Kenny Roberts,are no good.this man is a pen*s the sooner he drops off the radar and retires to a remote island the better,he is the most arrogant to55er I have ever had the misfortune to meet.

Some of us have been fortunate to see the guys above race. Look at the BHP of the bikes they were riding and how they made the bikes perform.

Can't he remember?

He was surprisingly dropped by Honda in 1992 but had arguably his finest ever moment when he won the Senior race on a Norton after a titanic battle with close rival Carl Fogarty. Quite simply, Hizzy was awesome around the Mountain Course and took two more wins in 1994 before switching his attentions to the British Championship scene.

Seems to me like a case of 'engage brain before opening mouth' thumb down

agree my dad threatened to knock him out in 1992 just before he left for the tt, cant remember the whole story but in short.. my dad called him ignorant and arrogant...Foggy replied "you cant ride a bike as fast as me so F censored f, me dad only wanted him to have my younger bros photo took with him....so when me bro had dissapeared me dad threatend him and said thankfully for him my son was with me otherwise i'd have flatened ya...lets say foggy wasnt as cocky towards him again and couldnt appologise enough, my dad said if he'd told him to sling his hook on his own he would have lol it off, swearing infront of an 8yr old wasnt funny and certainly didnt do him any favours around the paddock thumbs

Is this the Carl "the older I get the faster I was" Fogarty who was often left behind by Steve Hislop etc? blar

@louismanx wrote:
Is this the Carl "the older I get the faster I was" Fogarty who was often left behind by Steve Hislop etc? blar
thumbsfoflfoflfofl

Can't stand him myself, but he could sling a bike around pretty well - and he sure isn't the first or last successful sportman to be an arrogant oaf.

He's one of the few folk further down the queue than
Casey Stoner for the "Personality of the Year" award.

@louismanx wrote:

THASS MY AVATAR ShockedShockedSadSadbike2