Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

changing bar end weights ?

Yep changing them is pretty easy.
OEM means original equipment manufacturer. In other words use the bolts that are already in.

most OEM bars have threaded bits inside so will be as simple as removing the standard ones, sticking the same bolt through the new bar ends and screw them back in thumbs

[quote="Davehutch"]Is it easy ?? Embarassed

Yes, unless they are Triumph TT ones, which have a 3.5mm allen headed bolt that is made of soft cheese.

Seriously fella, it's easier than fitting mirror extenders thumbs

pop down to HG, see if they got any R&G bungs Wink im pretty sure all there bar ends are the same thumbs

If you can remember that for a normal thread clockwise tightens and anticlockwise loosens then changing bar end weights is very simple. But why do you want to spoil your lovely B-King with such tat Huh

Old and Disgraceful racer2

"If you can remember that for a normal thread clockwise tightens and anticlockwise loosens then changing bar end weights is very simple."

or in simple parlance. Righty tighty, lefty loosy Laughing

Helps to put a dab of nutlock fluid on the bolts/screws as well

Why's it hard to do on a Bandit then Dave? The only other problem I've had was on a GPz with extra long bolts holding them in, loads of threadlock and butchered phillips heads No .

@Macie_UK wrote:
Why's it hard to do on a Bandit then Dave? The only other problem I've had was on a GPz with extra long bolts holding them in, loads of threadlock and butchered phillips heads No .
i heard that you can lose the ends in the bars , dont really know , but think they are different , Huh

mine have a threaded bar set in the weight and just twist off,my old bandit was well weird too thumbs

If the bking is the same as the bandit and most Suzuki are then you have the bolt then the bar end , a round bit of rubber and a nut , so you need to undo the bolt a bit and then pull the lot out , then make up new and put in the bar , if you dont do this you will lose the nut in side the handler bars , hope that help

@madsod wrote:
If the bking is the same as the bandit and most Suzuki are then you have the bolt then the bar end , a round bit of rubber and a nut , so you need to undo the bolt a bit and then pull the lot out , then make up new and put in the bar , if you dont do this you will lose the nut in side the handler bars , hope that help
this is what i was worried about affraid but think the b-king is different confused

No Dave, the B-king is as Madsod described.

It's a bit like a glorified wellnut. loosen a few turns - tap the bolt inwards to release the grab the rubber bit has on the inside of the bars - pull whole assembly out - reassemble using stock bits with your new aftermarket weights......simples thumbs If you do lose a nut down into the bars, once both assemblies are off simply push it through with whatever flexible wire/brush thingy you have to hand thumbs Or you can lay the bike on it's side and shake it out Twisted Evil

Old and Disgraceful racer2

[quote="ptolemyx"]No Dave, the B-king is as Madsod described.

It's a bit like a glorified wellnut. loosen a few turns - tap the bolt inwards to release the grab the rubber bit has on the inside of the bars - pull whole assembly out - reassemble using stock bits with your new aftermarket weights......simples thumbs If you do lose a nut down into the bars, once both assemblies are off simply push it through with whatever flexible wire/brush thingy you have to hand thumbs Or you can lay the bike on it's side and shake it out Twisted Evil

Old and Disgraceful racer2 [/quote cheers m8 thumbs