Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

veiwing this tomorrow

36k miels but full suzuki dealer service history, 2 owers from new and been looked after, had scottoiler id sell towars insurance as i prefer dry lube.

and also comes with 3 bars for the rear one for pillions, one for luggage, and the other is for a luggage bag look dave is a caravan!

and its £1300.

Very nice.
I like it.
That's a lot of bike for the money!
Is that normal for UK now ?
Seems cheap. ?

Hope it's a good one when you view it.
Fingers crossed.

Very nice.
I like it.
That's a lot of bike for the money!
Is that normal for UK now ?
Seems cheap. ?

Hope it's a good one when you view it.
Fingers crossed.

It's fallen off the stand. Crash bung stopped cost but couple marks but I can paint the panels that need it. Crack by screen and marks on side. And yeah. It's a good price. And local 39 mikes away.

Sounds like an easy project and something
To keep the sellers price down.

Mate had an identical one, used it hard,
Sold it to another of my mates Mrs.
Quick bikes with the right rider and pretty
tough with it. Would be a nice toy.

yeah all luggage is there as he goes to the t etc so mileage is more long miles not short blasts and hes older so been looked after not abused.

nice one chad looks tidy,id keep the scottoiler m8 my thunderace was fitted with one from new i changed the original chain after 30000 miles thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
nice one chad looks tidy,id keep the scottoiler m8 my thunderace was fitted with one from new i changed the original chain after 30000 miles thumbsthumbs
is it messy?

had oilers on all my bikes and they are very good , as long as they are directed right at the nozzle and the flow rate is right they are not messy.
Remember to still maintain your chain by cleaning , don't just think the oiler will do all the work.

The luggage is ventura , the same as mine

if your riding with no pillion its recommended that you turn the bag onto the pillion seat as its more stable

I like 'em, especially in that colour thumbs

The C models only really have 2 niggles as far as I'm concerned: Jumping out of 2nd/3rd under hard acceleration or on the overrun and the censored Tokico 6 pot calipers (actually not bad, but a swine to keep free from sticky piston syndrome).

Hope it's a good 'un for ya Chad thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
is it messy?

ive had no bother with mine as long as its set up right,i still clean the chain monthly though thumbs

nice one chad as said lot of bike for the money

good luck thumbsthumbs

thats a nice bike chad don't know about the box thought that was a zzr problem but if you change the calipers for 1st generation busas they have ceramic coated pistons so don't rust up around the leading edge.

@Macie_UK wrote:
I like 'em, especially in that colour thumbs

The C models only really have 2 niggles as far as I'm concerned: Jumping out of 2nd/3rd under hard acceleration or on the overrun and the censored Tokico 6 pot calipers (actually not bad, but a swine to keep free from sticky piston syndrome) thumbs

my mate at work swapped the calipers from a gsxr 600 srad on his apparently its a popular mod that improves the brakes no end..

Never been a fan of 6-pots.
Got them on the Busa and 1400.
At best they are "OK" but nothing special.
Some racing guru did explain once that its
Something to do with the single pad and that
Multiple pad 6 pots are very different.
Lots of folk doing conversions on Busa's
and I expect a ZX9R would be similar.

To be honest it's personal taste. Ten's of thousands
of owners are happy enough. How fussy are
you? How hard to you push your bike? Do
you like chopping and changing or just riding?

Not used them myself but I know a couple of
Busa owners changing 6-plops to radial style
4 pots. Both are happy with the conversion.
Shouldn't be hard to do for a ZX9. Might do
My Busa.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=320989331572

i've been looking a them myself (due to being of a large frame and the bike is nearly braking for two people all the time Laughing ) .The ones from america which are cheaper however I expect by the time I've got them through customs the price maybe around the same or more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320984988537?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1082wt_884

these also look a tad skinnier.

If I see a set of Busa or B-king calipers going cheap
I might be tempted. The guys I know using them both
say they are an improvement but not quite as good
as true factory radials. If your keen you'd need to add
In the cost of a good radial master cylinder too.

If I see a set of Busa or B-king calipers going cheap
I might be tempted. The guys I know using them both
say they are an improvement but not quite as good
as true factory radials. If your keen you'd need to add
In the cost of a good radial master cylinder too.

I,ve seen Various bikes with R1 calipers fitted but the cost of doing the complete conversion aint gonna be cheap and trying to justify the cost to the other half is gonna be a problem especially with a wedding coming up....priorities , priorities Mmmmmm.

Radial calipers don't HAVE to have a radial
master cylinder though. Busa and B-King have
the same calipers, King has radial master,
but the Hayabusa doesn't.

Radial calipers don't HAVE to have a radial
master cylinder though. Busa and B-King have
the same calipers, King has radial master,
but the Hayabusa doesn't.

thumbs

Tony , you're talking me into spending more money Shhhh. Laughing

Looks like a bargain Chad thumbs
I also bought a Kwak yesterday thumbs

Bought it biatches. And fook my does it shift. Flicks about like a smaller bike but gets to silly speed in the blink of an eye. And why did I ever get naked bikes so nice to tuck behind that screen. I forgot. Isn't mint but ill clean it up but runs fine and lots of history.

Nice one mate that why we like the big bikes so much power on tap . just mind that right hand , as you have said so very fast and in no time at all . thumbs best of luck and ride safe

only thing i got was bit of a tank slap earlier, going round a corner bit too much throttle as not used to it completely yet, and front wheel tried to lift caused a twitched and chucked me sideways, throttle is so sensitive im used to the sv650, but will be find once im used to it. but im loving it party

Really happy for ya mate go steady like Stan said as im sure you will partypartyparty

Note both the above comments no1no1 . The initial bit is great, but remember it's not an SV650! Take care, ride safe and enjoy the new bike mate thumbsthumbs

@madcarper wrote:
thats a nice bike chad don't know about the box thought that was a zzr problem

Not as common as the ZZR 'box issue, but still a fair few about. The ZZR problem was caused by wear to the gear selector drum, whereas the C model ZX9r is usually wear on the gear itself caused by insufficient engagement - it's fixed by basically adding a spacer and moving the retaining clip - Kawasaki actually sell the spacer as a fix. Was fixed before the E model came out.

Bought it biatches.

Good choice matey, you'll soon get addicted to the "kawasaki elastic trottle cable" feeling thumbs
As everyone else has said, take it easy, as it will spit you off a lot easier than the SV.

Enjoy thumbsthumbsthumbs

absolutly love it.

i am being bit cheeky with the throttle lately but one thing im fidning helps me.

the sv was always wantiong to be pushed but pop this in 4th gear on slow roads, and 6th on faster and it will just cruise so easy,

beent old its ram airf, so as long as its below 5k revs it will cruise along happily, once im past 5k it does pull no matter what, thumbs

once ive got a new end can im putting it on a dyno, £20 local just curious to see what it is kicking out

you'll be enjoying that fairing this time of year as well thumbs