Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Lorry petition

Sat behind two lorries side by side completely blocking the A14 for 9 miles!!!.. Kings of the road my a*se
I think they should have to leave one lane free. With limiters neither has the speed to overtake.

@XS1100 wrote:
Here's a petition about those annoying lorries blocking our dual carriageways for miles.

Excellent - I assume that it is petitioning for removal of those godawful speed limiter devices thumbs

*Edit* Ah, no, Just Eileen and 33 others publicly demonstrating that they do not have a single, solitary clue between them.....

don't think its fair to ban lorries from using other lanes, its just they haven't got enough speed ( due to restrictions ) to overtake. Plus you will always get one that doesn't like being overtaken and matches the speed of the overtaking lorry!

I always display maximum courtesy to lorries as I appreciate what a pisser it is for them if they have to lose speed. Simple truth is though that a percentage of truckers are asswipes who aren't slow to chuck their weight around. And when you have to follow one of these lamp post pissing sessions when truck A is doing 57 and truck B is doing 57.5 it's no laughing matter. Perhaps a decent rail network and toll motorways as on the continent might leave the roads clear for selfish people like me. Or them.

hide

there used to be a section of the A42 that lorries wern't allowed in the outside lane of,not sure if its still there now but the traffic always flowed freely through it till you got out of it them it was mayhem as they all pulled out and sat side by side for mile after mile.

I always display maximum courtesy to lorries as I appreciate what a pisser it is for them if they have to lose speed. Simple truth is though that a percentage of truckers are asswipes who aren't slow to chuck their weight around. And when you have to follow one of these lamp post pissing sessions when truck A is doing 57 and truck B is doing 57.5 it's no laughing matter. Perhaps a decent rail network and toll motorways as on the continent might leave the roads clear for selfish people like me. Or them.

hide

agreeagree

theres a few car drivers that pootle along in the outside lane doing about 35 in a 60 cos in 10 miles they want to turn right head bang - can we get a petition up to ban them as well?

I've drove wagons for years and it is a pisser when your stuck behind one when its overtaking, but when your sat behind another wagon going 2mph slower than you it boils your piss.

Why are coaches allowed to do nearly 90mph with 50 lives onboard and a wagon only has 1 soul?

I sat behind a small van going home last night hogging the fast lane so I under took her and she was smoking with not a care in the world.

Remove limiters and as said where do think your groceries come from!!!

@melly wrote:
theres a few car drivers that pootle along in the outside lane doing about 35 in a 60 cos in 10 miles they want to turn right head bang - can we get a petition up to ban them as well?

I'd sign it thumbs

@melly wrote:

I'd sign it thumbs

Me too!