Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

Love music (stereo)

So today we went and bought a new stereo, Denon DM39 with BX-2 speakers. What a difference it makes to my old sony stereo, the sound is beautiful. Well happy. thumbs

fingerfingerfoflfofl

What about a bit of Chas and Dave. Or if they're in the karaoke mood STUE and DAVE fofl Or even Chad and Dave!!!!

nice one mark,ive got a denon dab seperates radio from richer sounds newcastle pricey but worth it thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
nice one mark,ive got a denon dab seperates radio from richer sounds newcastle pricey but worth it thumbs

Yeah they are good dick butg i dont think my neighbours like it fofl

What are the bx-2's like? I've just finished my 5.1 off with all Diamond 10 speakers ( 10.2 fronts, 10CM center, 10SR rears with a slim Yamaha sub )

@haveugot1 wrote:
Very clear sound for the money well impressed.

Get yourself some gotham jumper cables and do away with the brass bridging plates that come with the speakers, or bi-wire them with 2 runs of cable ( ive got mine setup with jumper cables, 4mm speaker cables and banana plugs all round )

Will have a look for them tonight. Got some fancy cable to connect its bloody armoured lol. thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Will have a look for them tonight. Got some fancy cable to connect its bloody armoured lol. thumbs

They are about £25 for a set of 4 ( enough for the 2 speakers ) makes the sound more clearer and defined thumbs The other option ( not noticed any improvement ) is to run 2 wires in a set of banana plugs from the amp to 2 sets of banana plugs in the speakers, so from 2 plugs at amp side to 4 plugs at speaker side.

Oh and as long as the cable is oxygen free you shouldn't need to spend the earth for overly priced cables. I would offer to make you some cables up using some 2.5mm cable ( about 450 strand OFC ) but i've ran out of banana plugs Embarassed

Bloody hell u know your sound systems I will give u that. Have sat the speakers on some speaker rubber pads £15 they help. And as u say when I get paid will invest in some jumper leads. thumbs

i would bi wire the speakers if you can mark or if your amps compatible im not keen on using jumpers, gold bananas work well and not too pricey,i use QED oxygen free silver cable but its pricey,those pads should work well ive got huge castle windsor floor standers on metal spikes Twisted Evil
let us know how you get on m8 thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
i would bi wire the speakers if you can mark or if your amps compatible im not keen on using jumpers, gold bananas work well and not too pricey,i use QED oxygen free silver cable but its pricey,those pads should work well ive got huge castle windsor floor standers on metal spikes Twisted Evil
let us know how you get on m8 thumbs
WHAT ? Huhscratchconfused

Sorry dave this even turns my brains to custard but getting there fofl .

So dick my amp can take it,loked at the bi wiring and the bananas look easy but i only need 1mtr of cable per speaker so can pay for good cable.Got Fisual pads.

i wouldn't go for them ones personally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOSO-8-X-Gold-Plated-Screw-Banana-Plug-Connector-4mm-Speaker-Wire-Cable-H8-/200795413525?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cable_Terminations&hash=item2ec056dc15

these ones i find better than the other ones, as there is 2 screws that pinch the cable in the plug stopping it from coming loose.

I have ran bi-wire as well as jumpers and tbf, haven't noticed any difference between the two, But if you can and want to run twin cables then go for it thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
i wouldn't go for them ones personally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOSO-8-X-Gold-Plated-Screw-Banana-Plug-Connector-4mm-Speaker-Wire-Cable-H8-/200795413525?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cable_Terminations&hash=item2ec056dc15

these ones i find better than the other ones, as there is 2 screws that pinch the cable in the plug stopping it from coming loose.

I have ran bi-wire as well as jumpers and tbf, haven't noticed any difference between the two, But if you can and want to run twin cables then go for it thumbs

nice one matt i posted the wrong ones thumbsthumbs

Ive used the other ones, but found they were a bastard to keep the cable in ( well when using 4mm it can be a push as it is! ) so i tend to go for screw fitment or solder them in. Didn't want to come across arsey lol. I tend to make up audio cables for the school as well as myself and have used both jumpers and bi-wire but for the gain and price, it can work out better with jumpers Smile The gold plugs are what i did use, and i have plenty of the thinner types ( just showing the 3 main types ) the jumpers are what i use at the moment on my center and front speakers, and a quick snap of the back of my amp with the silver/gold voso plugs Smile

Banana plugs & pin plugs

Jumper cables

and what im currently using

Oh the gold plug on the right is my sub cable i made up using standard satellite cable which has been tested against other cables ( one being a monster cable ) with the same if not better performance Smile

look good matt not arsey at all m8 Laughing yeah i prefer the screw ones or even soldering goods theres nowt worse than having your cables drop out Shocked i did notice a slight drop out when i jumped mine but only slight,you dont want to see the back of my amp ,spaghetti junction Laughingthumbs

Im still waiting to get my HDMI 1.4b cables so i can get the Wii, Xbox, PC, MKV plugged in lol. All i can say is you can't beat a seperate system thumbs Yeah if your using the plates for jumping there absolutely shit, but with a proper jumper cable made up with solid connections, its as good as bi-wire.

So I understand bi wiring but if I use jumper cables then could I use cables with plugs on to attach to the stereo?

Like the look of jumper cables as les wiring to tie up. thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
So I understand bi wiring but if I use jumper cables then could I use cables with plugs on to attach to the stereo?

Like the look of jumper cables as les wiring to tie up. thumbs

jumpers will replace the metal jumpers that are currently fitted to the speakers, Spade end like the ones in my pic, then banana plugs that i linked to on ebay to make the cables up Smile