Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

4 years left,you can leave if you want

Been on the phone for the last hour with my brother

whos served the armed forces since he was 17 now 36 with 4 years left

Hes been offered voluntary redundancy today SadSad

and lets just say staying in for a another 4 years wont make much difference to his pay out

I can honestly say I dont think ive ever hered him so low ever SadSadSadSad
all them years serving your country you would think these men and women are looked after to the max

but like ive told him were all very proud of him and if he takes it he is still young enough to try something else

Sorry to hear the news, but that's what they are doing. Know several ex soldiers who were treated the same way. They usually offer some sort of retraining but not always.

I feel for him mate Sad two of my family one who serverd in the sas for 5 years both left a couple of years ago, Dean went back to the middle east doing security work and John is half way through uni doing a degree in physio thumbsthumbsthumbs they both still find it hard to get back into civi life but atleast our John for the time being is a lot safer thumbsthumbs wish him all the best mate as long as he as his family he will be fine i salute the man salute

Going to go against the grain a bit here maybe but I'm all for a smaller military. We've tried to punch above our weight for ages & it's one of the things that has pulled our economy down. We are no longer an empire. Obviously I nevertheless sympathise with the individuals involved and I wish your bro the best of luck Lee Smile

Thats a real shame lee when i left, it was just bye close the gate on the way out.

And our economy would be better off if we kicked all the immagrant fooks out thumbs

Sorry to hear that mate. As you say though, he's young enough to find something else, and I would assume they'll offer him a "re-training package" as has been mentioned on here.

Echoing Stue salute for what he's done.