Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

request from bladrunner ,

well its sick again,got to go in for surgery.Had a bit of a rattle for a couple of weeks now so I took it in for the "technician" to have a listen to and he reckons its the camshaft rocker thats knackered.might be a bit of good news though,theyre going to contact Ducati on monday morning to see if they will pick the bill up.

I owned a Harley.
I broke it, LOTS!

Never owned a Ducati,
the last one i rode I broke 15 minutes into
the test ride. Took it back with bent chain adjusters
and the back wheel out of line.

I had a Honda.
I snapped the cam shaft clean in half when
it seized under one of the carriers.
...and a CJ, but that dropped a valve.

Had about 8 or 9 brands.

I ride the bike's I do,
because they are just about "Tony Proof"... Laughing

you get good and bad a mate has a 1999 i believe 600 monster 43k on it and still goes well, been serviced to the book, and well looked after, but they do seem to break at times.

well took the bike in today for a service and to find out whats causing a rattle and I got a phone call a couple of hours later to tell me they found swarf stuck to the magnetic sump plug,this is not good.

well took the bike in today for a service and to find out whats causing a rattle and I got a phone call a couple of hours later to tell me they found swarf stuck to the magnetic sump plug,this is not good.
No it aint is it thumb down

@Davehutch wrote:
No it aint is it thumb down
agreeSad

after another conversation with the guy at the shop,they seem to think it could be the big end thats just started to break up.cant see that being very expensive,on the positive side theyre going to try and get Ducati to stump up some money as this shouldnt happen on a 10,000 mile bike with a full service history,if not its getting traded in for something else and soon.

I hope you get it fixed mate if my numbers ever come up i will get one just like this untill that day i will just ride a ever day bike