Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Any offers...

Right my 96 b12 needs her valve clearences done as ive got no history of them ever being done....if anyone would like a trip down to sunny leominster on any given sunday to do em ile duelly pay for your inconveniance Laughing and ile keep ya in food and drink also...

Now please dont tell me to do them myself as all i do with motorbikes is ride and polish them and im no mechanic...hence why i'd rather pay someone to do em thumbs if anyones interested please shout thumbs

I never even done my own stue, if I knew what I was doing. I would come and do them for nothing m8 , bet one of the lads wil take you up on your offer

I could do that m8 but I'm pretty busy for a few weekends. Not a lot to it, there really isn't. Smile

I did my bandit valves once myself but had a mate here as well who was very competent at taking engines apart.
If I were you I'd take it to a reputable local bike shop to get it done. Shouldn't cost any more than around an hours labour.

There pretty straight forward stue have done mine if it was sunny I would help you out. thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
There pretty straight forward stue have done mine if it was sunny I would help you out. thumbs

If Stue doesn't get them done by the time the sun comes out to play I'll have a ride down with you Mark I've even got the proper valve adjusting tool! thumbs ......500ish mile round trip will do the bikes good mate! Laughing
And Stue if the valve cover gasket hasn't been off to many times should get away without replacing it, but with the age of the bike now it might be worthwhile doing.
ideal time to do the carb balancing as well!! thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

If Stue doesn't get them done by the time the sun comes out to play I'll have a ride down with you Mark I've even got the proper valve adjusting tool! thumbs ......500ish mile round trip will do the bikes good mate! Laughing
And Stue if the valve cover gasket hasn't been off to many times should get away without replacing it, but with the age of the bike now it might be worthwhile doing.
ideal time to do the carb balancing as well!! thumbs
nice 1 lads thumbs

Yeah I'm up for that mike, do u fancy giving me a hand with me clutch next weekend?

Thanks lads i really appreciate that, ile keep everyone posted and i would pay offcourse thumbsthumbs

if i end up soon in gloustershire to see my brother from anouther mother ill always help mate its easy enough Wink its not so un when you get shims.

if not im sure someone will help ya Wink

if i end up soon in gloustershire to see my brother from anouther mother ill always help mate its easy enough Wink its not so un when you get shims.

Thanks Mate thumbs

Not 100% sure on what your saying there chad but bandit engines don't use shims, there old school rocker style tappets.

I think Chad's referring to the fact that Bandits don't have shims but with his dumbass Tapatalk or whatever it is you can never be sure. Laughing

I think Chad's referring to the fact that Bandits don't have shims but with his dumbass Tapatalk or whatever it is you can never be sure. Laughing

fofl

@Stue11 wrote:
Thanks lads i really appreciate that, ile keep everyone posted and i would pay offcourse thumbsthumbs

We wouldn't accept money stue, but food now that's different. Lol. thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

in that case I better come and supervise foodfoodfoodfoodfood

@haveugot1 wrote:
Yeah I'm up for that mike, do u fancy giving me a hand with me clutch next weekend?

Would love to Mark but have to see what shift im on first, will let you know as soon as possible! thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

in that case I better come and supervise foodfoodfoodfoodfood
I dont mind Dave thumbsthumbs

@Robbie wrote:

Not 100% sure on what your saying there chad but bandit engines don't use shims, there old school rocker style tappets.

sorry its my southern youth of today accent.

and i know bandits do, meant shims are the pain in the arse. the tappets are a lot easier imo Wink did my bandit ones twice, and did 2 lots for a couple of mates,

had to do a honda cg125 copy, 3 valves. so weired.