Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok today i measured valve clearances on my zed motor before i put it back in bike, i need to replace 13 shims, now i looked on ebay and to get the range of sizes i need i would have to buy 2 hotcam kits or one very large kit which is a no no for the sake of 13 shims. so sugestions please.

I presume you've measured the shims (not clearances) to see if you can change any around?

There used to be a place that sold them sort of to order. You ordered a pack of however many but could specify sizes. Don't remember who it was though Embarassed You might also want to post the sizes you need on here as I'm pretty sure it's the same diameter shim on my ZZR and I may have some you need after my last service. Smile

There used to be a place that sold them sort of to order. You ordered a pack of however many but could specify sizes. Don't remember who it was though Embarassed You might also want to post the sizes you need on here as I'm pretty sure it's the same diameter shim on my ZZR and I may have some you need after my last service. Smile

thats very nice of you m8
2 x 2.35
6 x 2.4
4 x 2.45
1 x 2.5
diameter of shims is 9.48
thanks ian

Sorry mate, all the shims I took out are way big so can't help. Have you seen this site? http://www.zoomfactory.co.uk/hotcams-valve-shim-kits.asp

The people I got my shims from were motocross suppliers of some sort but I just can't remember who the hell they were. I think they might have been in Ireland IIRC. I'll see if I still have any paper work floating about. Smile

Sorry mate, all the shims I took out are way big so can't help. Have you seen this site? http://www.zoomfactory.co.uk/hotcams-valve-shim-kits.asp

The people I got my shims from were motocross suppliers of some sort but I just can't remember who the hell they were. I think they might have been in Ireland IIRC. I'll see if I still have any paper work floating about. Smile

thanks m8 £3.00 per shim including vat and pandp is much better.

Just had a look here and the ones I've got are way too thick - sorry fella.