Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

was up the hill today to get a few bits ,one being a soft link for a DID50VM chain.would you believe can't get one as DID make the 530 chain with bigger link pins now and they stopped making the old link so i've got a near mint chain that i will have to chuck if i can't get a soft link. if any one has a spare soft link lying around i would be eternally gratefull if i could buy it off you.if not looks like a new chain but it won't be a DID robbing barstewards.

cheers lee just ordered one will see if its the right one when it arrives.

thats an arse. couple local bike shops have certain sizes kicking around, so may be worth trying them if its not the right one thumbs

trouble is chad this chain was superceded a while ago and the links are now like hens teeth to get hold of.i will see if the one of the bay fits as some lads on other forums have bought of ebay and they have got the later type link. the mechanics at M and S motorcycles in newcastle have been taking the links out of brand new chain kits so they now have a load of brand new £100 chains they can't sell.not good P. R.for DID is it.

my thundercat was originally from M and S but the durham branch framwellgate moor.

my chain was loose and i thought i would have a go at tightening it. As the adjusters were all the way back, I had a mate remove one link. I cleaned some very mucky sprockets and put the chain back on. I was not quite right. It felt ever so slightly out and I thought 'it will settle in'.... bad mistake. while rushing to buy an indicator bulb the damn thing came off and i seem to only have lost the master link. I had alot of time to question why I live on top of a hill as i pushed the bike up it. By the time i got home there was no places open to buy a new chain so no ride out for me tomorrow. I saw someone on a bike on telly and got mad. If only I had read the manual and realised I should have loosened the torque link nut. That has always been a weak one for me, reading manuals. Are there any other issues/damage that may occur when a chain comes off at urban speeds?

if there is any damage you should see it. The inside of the front sprocket cover may be chewed a bit and sometimes your tail plastics/chain guard take a hammering but to be honest its just good that you didn't lock up.
I bit the bullet earlier this year and bought a heavy duty chain riveter which makes joing the chain easy and almost fool proof as you cant over crimp the soft rivet if seated correctly. In the long run it will save me money on paying to get chains fitted, and i just cut the old ones off with a grinder. I'm sure they do work but i never use the spring clip type links.

remember in motocross, a lads chain snapped, snepped his read mudguard off, the side number board, and mullured his leg! must have hurt down

thanx. put a heavy duty chain on today but it started raining b4 i could test it. There did not seem to be any damage to the sprockets just minor bits of shearing in surrounding areas. guess i was lucky on that one.