Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

New Fuel could kill your bike

Its also new cars to dave,pre 2012 cars that is

Dont know why they cant just leave the stuff alone

so they watering fuel down even more. bet it does'ent make it cheaper though.

apparently theyre watering the diesel down with ethanol as well me mate runs his own garage and said hes had people coming in with bad starting and lumpy running diesels and all of them had used asda diesel Shocked

apparently theyre watering the diesel down with ethanol as well me mate runs his own garage and said hes had people coming in with bad starting and lumpy running diesels and all of them had used asda diesel Shocked

my car from cold starts crapply, runs like shite for 20 seconds then it clears, after a cloud of white smoke, wonder if that would be part of it

check your glow plugs chad i had a peugeot years ago and it was the same easy to test them just remove them and put a positive lead to the top and earth the bottom if they get hot they are ok if they dont youll need new ones mate

This is from a mate in OZ

this fuel (e10) has been here in oz for over 10 years now. caused major issues early on but we all get used to things dont we. my experience has shown

- as an oxygenated fuel, you need more (about 4%) more to make the same power, so rejetting may be needed; efi bikes do this on the fly so they're not worried
- alcohol is more abrasive and reactive than petrol. this makes rubber brittle (think about fuel pump pressure in the lines, and the vibration in the other fuel lines), so new fuel pipes and possibly reco the pump
- as the changeover takes place, fuel stations will have their tanks stirred more than usual; and the abrasive/corrosive action of the ethanol means more floaty sh1t will come out for ages. stick to new servos, or recently renovated servos with new tanks. also fit and regularly check fuel filters
- e10 here is mainly 91ron, some places sell it in 95 and 100 ron, so power loss is negligible. if you ride like barry sheene all the time you'll notice it, but for us mere mortals, hardly
- ethanol is a hygroscopic fuel (meaning it attracts water). old e10 is as explosive as a week old cake, with the added drama of being slightly acidic and water ladened, ready to rust anything metal away, go to busy servos only
-older cars may see valve seat regression as the ethanol destroys any tetraethyl lead replacement for older engines. new engines (and any alloy head engines) have hardened valve seats so no problems

- the world will not end
- there is no government conspiracy to kill older vehicles by using this fuel. it is actually making the eu farming subsidy actually work by taking those crops you've already paid for and turning them into something useful

deep breaths now everyone