Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dick65

took the day off to work on the bike

been meaning to change the exhaust headers for two years as the old ones were rotten and more steel weld putty than metal,heres a few pics

soaked the studs in plus gas last night

the bolts came off no hassle this morning,this is a portion of rotted header

new headers on

these are going to the tip

just took her for a spin and alls good,seems to be more power throughout the rev range with no flat spots party

cheers lads thumbs saved a bit of weight with that off,just need some fresh paint on the rad outers and clean a few bits you cant with the fairing on thumbs

Very shiny thumbs

Do you have to have set up now you've done away with the Exup ?

@Grumpyowl wrote:
Very shiny thumbs

only if you dump the stock can then your looking at a dynojet and set up,i had a good run after i fitted them and noticed i hadnt lost any bottom end ,if anything it seems to have gained a bit more poke and the midrange is stronger,theres no flatspots at all thumbs

New headers look great Dick CoolCool Plusgas.....wonderful stuff! thumbsthumbs

cheers mike ,first time ive used plusgas i swear by it now thumbsthumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@Grumpyowl wrote:
Very shiny thumbs

only if you dump the stock can then your looking at a dynojet and set up,i had a good run after i fitted them and noticed i hadnt lost any bottom end ,if anything it seems to have gained a bit more poke and the midrange is stronger,theres no flatspots at all thumbs

Same if you put an aftermarket can on, you wont notice any loss down low or flat spots, and gain more top end. The ex-up valve in our old ace was seized, so we took the inners out and slapped it back together so it was a straight through header Smile makes it sound a bit more throaty too Laughing

i removed the ex up cables but left the servo in place otherwise an error would be showing constantly Laughing

Nice work,nothing like a day off to tinker Smilethumbs

cheers all,got them from sandys bike spares in april 2011 for £179 two days later they shot to £229 Shocked at least there'll be no more patching with steel putty Laughing they sound a bit throatier too thumbs