Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Bloody fuel tap came off today

I was barrelling up the M1 on my way home from Enfield, when I felt this gentle pressure on the inside of my calf. Looked down to see the plastic fuel tap on the final couple of mm to oblivion. Next thing it's dropped off the spigot and whoosh!! Off it pops. Screw must have vibrated out unless someone's been tampering with it. So I need a fuel tap for a ZZR if anyone's got one in their shed Laughing I'll ring Cradley Kawasaki tomorrow I guess Smile

thought this was gonna be one of chads threads Laughing
unlucky Alan hope you get it sorted mate Sad

Got the part number and if that microfiche is to be believed it's £9.17. I'd settle for that. thumbs

@madsod wrote:
BIT of lock tight next time Alan SmileSmile

I was thinking of riding with my leg closer to the bike in future ShockedLaughing

thought you was going to say off the new bike Shocked

simple repair alan

@dick65 wrote:
thought this was gonna be one of chads threads Laughing
unlucky Alan hope you get it sorted mate Sad

tank, seat cowl, rear fairings, and undrtray are at work!! ill be painting on saturday Smile

Thought you were going to say snapped ShockedShocked As with most of the above, annoying but could have been worse

Thought you were going to say snapped ShockedShocked As with most of the above, annoying but could have been worse

I thought you were going to say snapped as well, and the gentle pressure on the inside of your leg being fuel affraidaffraid
Not going to say an easy fix because you know what that means head bangstudy hope you get sorted soon though! thumbsthumbs

Ordered today for the princely sum of £7.50. Also ordered 4 spark plug gaskets for the rocker cover ready for my winter service. Should get it early next week. It's a simple screw in job, 30 seconds if I take my time Smile

Ordered today for the princely sum of £7.50. Also ordered 4 spark plug gaskets for the rocker cover ready for my winter service. Should get it early next week. It's a simple screw in job, 30 seconds if I take my time Smile

Good to see thumbsthumbs