Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

2014 rideout/stopover Ardennes Forest

OK well as seen on other threads there's a bit of discussion about next year's rideout. I've suggested an overseas trip and will name the Ardennes Forest in Belgium/Luxembourg/Germany so we have something definite in mind. There also seems to be some support for the New Forest so I've chucked the two of them into a poll. This is not to say that any other options cannot be considered.
I'd be quite happy to help organise a trip abroad and am not fussed over camping/hotel. I'll rough it for a few nights. Vote away gang. Smile

And I've already cast the wrong vote. Embarassed TBH not bothered either way so no worries. Laughing 

I have toured abroad before, 3000 miles in 2 weeks. Ferry to Santander, follow mountains across Spain into France, round through Monte Carlo to Italy up through the lakes into Switzerland, back into Italy then over French Alps and across France back to Santander in Spain for ferry home.
Absolutely brilliant and would love to do it again.
Also did a shorter one with the wife (in a Mazda MX5 - she won't go on the bike!) through Eurotunnel then around France for 10 days.
Great fun again
No need to book hotels at the places we stopped, although it can make life easier, and they are not expensive - saves carrying a tent, plus the bar is just downstairs!!
Rules in France have changed now, you need to take 2 breathalysers, Hi Viz gear etc as well as bulb kits, warning triangles etc etc, so it all becomes a bit of a wind up for a weekend away. Fine for a tour but not sure a short break for some of the group would be viable.
Anyway - up to you guys!

I have toured abroad before, 3000 miles in 2 weeks. Ferry to Santander, follow mountains across Spain into France, round through Monte Carlo to Italy up through the lakes into Switzerland, back into Italy then over French Alps and across France back to Santander in Spain for ferry home.
Absolutely brilliant and would love to do it again.
Also did a shorter one with the wife (in a Mazda MX5 - she won't go on the bike!) through Eurotunnel then around France for 10 days.
Great fun again
No need to book hotels at the places we stopped, although it can make life easier, and they are not expensive - saves carrying a tent, plus the bar is just downstairs!!
Rules in France have changed now, you need to take 2 breathalysers, Hi Viz gear etc as well as bulb kits, warning triangles etc etc, so it all becomes a bit of a wind up for a weekend away. Fine for a tour but not sure a short break for some of the group would be viable.
Anyway - up to you guys!

Interesting. I know they had changed the rules and regs in France, but didn't quite realise to that degree  Shocked  Shocked 

I've already voted so will see how it goes confused

Hi vis law has been repealed and the breathalyser thing is not being applied. Some legal B/S means it can't be repealed but it basically has been left to lie on the statute book but is not enforced. Smile 

Plus you'd only be in France for around an hour Laughing 

Or some where else in the UK?????

Maybe I'm not the only one who would have to carefully consider the extra cost of going continental (much as I'd dearly love to take the bike over again for a few days - I wouldn't do only a weekend abroad, if I could somehow afford it)??????

Perhaps somewhere where a member is prepared to sort it out???????

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 

Yep, in my original post I pointed out this is not an exclusive poll. It's only to gauge opinion but by all means if anyone wants to suggest another location, fire away. Smile