Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

off up north .....

I've got a book at home that lists all the B+Bs that welcomes bikers. If nobody comes up with anything before tonight let me know roughly where you want to stop and I'll get you some phone numbers.

I've got a book at home that lists all the B+Bs that welcomes bikers. If nobody comes up with anything before tonight let me know roughly where you want to stop and I'll get you some phone numbers.
cheers m8

Hotels & b&bs along the Middleton-Alston road would be about right. Middleton in Teesdale is a nice little place and if the ride is too slow there's plenty of roads around there to satisfy your cravings

hide 

just take a look on Tripadvisor mate. thumbs 

Like the route thumbs Have done some parts of it

Will have to keep a copy of it so i can do all of it.

Oh yeah and in the Scottish part BEHAVE YOURSELF lots of cameras and the porridge wogs generally have a radar trap or three knocking about. thumb down 

Looks a good route Dave as Skelly said we have rode various sections of it and they are great for bikes - the Middleton-In-Teesdale to Alston is a good one we have done many times then on to Hartside and the Lakes(not on your route). Loads of B+Bs along your route Dave but sorry couldn't recommend any as never had need to use them (Bladerunner's book or Google is your friend for this I think). No one could ever accuse you of not putting the miles in mate  thumbs , definitely put me to shame  Embarassed

Looks a good route Dave as Skelly said we have rode various sections of it and they are great for bikes - the Middleton-In-Teesdale to Alston is a good one we have done many times then on to Hartside and the Lakes(not on your route). Loads of B+Bs along your route Dave but sorry couldn't recommend any as never had need to use them (Bladerunner's book or Google is your friend for this I think). No one could ever accuse you of not putting the miles in mate  thumbs , definitely put me to shame  Embarassed
cheers mike thumbs 

some great roads there dave,i might be tempted to meet you at barney castle for a run up to kielder if that's ok with your crew or do i have to buy a b-king:lol: 

@madcarper wrote:
some great roads there dave,i might be tempted to meet you at barney castle for a run up to kielder if that's ok with your crew or do i have to buy a b-king:lol: 
would have thought it would be fine m8

some great roads along there Dave I might be tempted to meet up as well if that's ok I will let you know nearer the time thumbs 

cant see it being a problem if people want to join us , will have to ask the question though as its not my ride , and didnt really want all the sorting out , just want turn up and ride for a change thumbs 

ok try this one. Marwood house 98 galgate barnard castle  dl12 8bj 01833637493 secure parking gym and sauna walking distance to city center.

or
low cornriggs farmhouse cowshill in weardale bishop aukland dl13 1aq 01388537600

or
quality hotel scotch corner darlington dl10 6nr 01748825417

or clow beck house monkend farm croft on teesdarlington dl2 2sw 01325720419

if these are no good ill dig some more out.

@Davehutch wrote:
cant see it being a problem if people want to join us , will have to ask the question though as its not my ride , and didnt really want all the sorting out , just want  turn up and ride for a change thumbs 

Sounds like a nice change for you mate. Again, may join you for a section of the run if okay. Probably just Barnard Castle to Kielder scratch 

@Davehutch wrote:
just been told to calm  down and not book anything till they know its on for certain on that date lol! 
Bo censored cks! come up anyway Dave and we'll all join you! Very Happy but seriously its only next month and we all know how organised you like to be so booking a B+B now seems the right thing for me!  thumbs  thumbs

am soooo jelous as am still on a 125. Have a good one for me and watch out for the sheep...