Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dirtydog

Decided

decided i need to get fit again im not fussed about pumping iron i did all that in my 20s and im happy with my size and weight (built like a racing snake) but cant even  run to the end of the street without nearly passing out :oops:so ive taken the drastic step of .................................................................................. buying a skipping rope and in the next few days hopefully i will purchase a punchbag boxer boxer  im totally intent on sorting my cardio work out.

i barley have enough spare time to spend with my girls or riding my bike so going to the gym isnt an option so its all home work for me  been looking at similar items to these for p/b options

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chin-up-Pull-Up-Bars-with-Punch-Bag-Bracket-Wall-Mounted-/261282089580?pt=UK_Strength_Training&hash=item3cd5a04a6c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/punch-bag-/321201479204?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Boxing_RL&hash=item4ac9199e24

any tips hints guidance whether its about equipment or  technique etc as always is appreciated thumbs

Usual mate, start light, take it easy and accept that some days you're body will say no! Variety also. Maintaining the same routine strengthens through one element/ range of motion. A variety of exercise and routine strengthens you through a broader range. Obvious I know, but some people do forget.

And good luck on it mate. Just started doing more cardio on a morning before I go to work. Seems to be working, but the body is saying no a little too often Shocked  Shocked 

@Davehutch wrote:
Good luck m8 , TBH I am surprised how you have let yourself go , I bet seeing how fit I am has made you think
There is a smart arsed add on to your post Dave but I can't think of one good enough! Rolling Eyes wheelchair 
Good on you Ross thumbs  I wish I could get motivated Embarassed

@Davehutch wrote:
Good luck m8 , TBH I am surprised how you have let yourself go , I bet seeing how fit I am has made you think
There is a smart arsed add on to your post Dave but I can't think of one good enough! Rolling Eyes wheelchair 
lol bet you can , and if you Caint bet Ross will

@Davehutch wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
lol bet you can , and if you Caint bet Ross will

I have no idea what you mean dave Wink

up   up   up   up   up 

No comment as I don't want to get banned  Shocked   Shocked   Shocked 

Whats up wi ya are you man or mouse lmao

I am glad dave sees the funny side though i dont wanna be picking my teeth up of the carpark tomoz night ....

smack smack 

@dirtydog wrote:
up   up   up   up   up 

I am glad dave sees  the funny side though i dont wanna  be picking my teeth up of the carpark tomoz night ....

smack smack 
ross
you want me to ban Dave ? fofl 

@dick65 wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
up   up   up   up   up 

I am glad dave sees  the funny side though i dont wanna  be picking my teeth up of the carpark tomoz night ....

smack smack 
ross
you want me to ban Dave  ?  fofl 

Yes please with imediate effect would be nice and only let him back on if he supplies us all with bacon sandwiches and doughnuts i think thats fair

hide 

Yes please with imediate effect would be nice and only let him back on if he supplies us all with bacon sandwiches and doughnuts  i think thats fair

hide 

Motion seconded and passed. I'm on my way for my sandwich  thumbs   thumbs   moving

@Davehutch wrote:
right then back home now and can see this properly jawopw    where is that bloody Ross ? boxer   ...

...       killer  fofl 

Hi dave  wave  i heard that you were looking for me is there  a problem
  Laughing  Laughing Laughing

@dirtydog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
right then back home now and can see this properly jawopw    where is that bloody Ross ? boxer   ...

...       killer  fofl 

Hi dave  wave  i heard that you were looking for me is there  a problem
  Laughing  Laughing Laughing
No  sorry 

@Stue11 wrote:
Go for it Ross thumbs as for the rest of the thread Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

I know the thread went a bit haywire lol but thanks for the support guys ive still not sourced a pb yet but seeing as the weather is gonna be sh!t at the weekend im gonna get it sorted

I love gym helps to keep in shape and everyone as there own goals thumbs thumbs 

first night of "fit club " and f**k me i knew i was unfit but i hadn't realized how much Shocked Shocked 
warmed up with a 1 mile rooste to the shops and back
3 x 5 mins with the skipping rope jez 
1 x 5 mins clearing up dog shit 
5 x chin ups

and a bit of stretching and cooling down = a very Sleep ross Laughing 

ive figured on half hours exercise every other day to start off with see how i go for a few weeks then up the ratio and time so i can push myself  harder  thumbs

@dirtydog wrote:
first night of "fit club " and f**k me i knew i was unfit but i hadn't realized how much Shocked Shocked 
5 x chin ups

ive figured on half hours exercise every other day to start off with see how i go for a few weeks then up the ratio and time so i can push myself  harder  thumbs
Thats the way mate one day at a time keep us all informed thumbs 

@Stue11 wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
5 x chin ups

Will keep the thread up to date as possible stue thats if i dont have a heart attack first lol

@dirtydog wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
5 x chin ups

Will keep the thread up to date as possible stue thats if i dont have a heart attack first lol
Laughing Laughing im sure you'll be ok thumbs thumbs 

They've got some health checks available at work. Do your height, blood pressure and resting heart rate then stand on a set of "scales" which then measures body fat etc. My blood According to them I was carrying 31.2kg of body fat with a body fat percentage of about 32%. My "metabolic age" (ie actually how old was body) was 57  Shocked   Shocked   Shocked 

Now I'm not in perfect shape, but I don't think I'm carrying over 60lbs of body fat affraid   Oh yes and my ideal weight is about 80kg (176lbs - about 12st 8lbs). The only way I'm going to get to that weight is either by severe food poisoning, or by losing a leg  Shocked   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing 

The past few weeks I've been hitting the gym on a morning just doing a bit of cardio and a bit of ab and leg work. Only 30-40 mins. Did the check last Friday and  while I have gained a kg in weight my body fat has gone down to about 29kg. And my "metabolic age" is now 49.

I am somewhat cynical of the measures done by the scales, as for a proper measure of body fat you need to do a full hydrostatic weighing and need proper ECG etc to get the proper state of your heart. However, I'm using the machine measures as a guide/ indication (which is what I think of them as) of how I'm doing and its looking good.  thumbs   thumbs 

My BMI however (that measure that people put so much faith in) is 34!! SO I'm at massive risk of coronary heart failure, liver problems, Type 2 diabetes etc. Now for those who know me, yes I need to loose a little weight, but I don't think I'm going to keel over from heart failure.

So for anyone using BMI, or bady fat %s, remember they are only indicators and don't get too wrapped up in the figures themselves. In the end, it's how you feel  thumbs   thumbs

Right, off to the gym now thumbs  wheelchair 

They've got some health checks available at work. Do your height, blood pressure and resting heart rate then stand on a set of "scales" which then measures body fat etc. My blood According to them I was carrying 31.2kg of body fat with a body fat percentage of about 32%. My "metabolic age" (ie actually how old was body) was 57  Shocked   Shocked   Shocked 

Now I'm not in perfect shape, but I don't think I'm carrying over 60lbs of body fat affraid   Oh yes and my ideal weight is about 80kg (176lbs - about 12st 8lbs). The only way I'm going to get to that weight is either by severe food poisoning, or by losing a leg  Shocked   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing 

The past few weeks I've been hitting the gym on a morning just doing a bit of cardio and a bit of ab and leg work. Only 30-40 mins. Did the check last Friday and  while I have gained a kg in weight my body fat has gone down to about 29kg. And my "metabolic age" is now 49.

I am somewhat cynical of the measures done by the scales, as for a proper measure of body fat you need to do a full hydrostatic weighing and need proper ECG etc to get the proper state of your heart. However, I'm using the machine measures as a guide/ indication (which is what I think of them as) of how I'm doing and its looking good.  thumbs   thumbs 

My BMI however (that measure that people put so much faith in) is 34!! SO I'm at massive risk of coronary heart failure, liver problems, Type 2 diabetes etc. Now for those who know me, yes I need to loose a little weight, but I don't think I'm going to keel over from heart failure.

So for anyone using BMI, or bady fat %s, remember they are only indicators and don't get too wrapped up in the figures themselves. In the end, it's how you feel  thumbs   thumbs

Right, off to the gym now  thumbs  wheelchair 
Well done you thumbs thumbs ile see a new man at the month end thumbs thumbs your right though its all about feeling good whithin yourself thumbs 

so the getting fit thing is slowly moving forward got my self a punchbag now..in fact i have 2 but thats what you get for bidding on 2 things at the same time Laughing  only managing to get a couple of sessions a week at the mo but then again rome wasnt built in a day fofl  i do need to sort something out about eating more healthily as i eat to much shit and to late at night.

@Davehutch wrote:
PUNCH BAG takes me back to my boxing days boxer    sparred with Tony Sibson that's a long time ago

You will have to come up dave show me how its done lol

you didn't see dav

@dirtydog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
PUNCH BAG takes me back to my boxing days boxer    sparred with Tony Sibson that's a long time ago
e go chasing after a tt driver on thr southern camping Laughing

you didn't see dav
@dirtydog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
a moment of madness m8 Embarassed 

@Davehutch wrote:
you didn't see dav
@dirtydog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

Oooo what did i miss.....spill the beans chad

@dirtydog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
you didn't see dav
@dirtydog wrote:

A censored in a Audi TT who decided to cut Dave, me and chad up and drive like a complete dick, Not like any of our bikes throttle got twisted back hard or anything Laughing 

@fr499y wrote:
@dirtydog wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
you didn't see dav
A censored in a Audi TT who decided to cut Dave, me and chad up and drive like a complete dick, Not like any of our bikes throttle got twisted back hard or anything Laughing 

Usual scenario then lol

overtook t and dave, then tail gated me and overtook me, was guna pin it but corner was close and he would have took us out, so dave went to eat him for supper!!