Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skelly

Sod's Law

Why is it when you go to to do a simple job on the bike something else F**ks up that you have to fix first and you don't get the first job done.

Went out on the bike this morning just for a short run because i planned on modifying the position of the exhaust this afternoon.

Pulls up outside the house after my run and can't get the thing into neutral, have to turn the thing off to get into neutral. Turns out that clutch is not fully disengaging.censored 

Had to take sump guard, complete exhaust system off and also drain the oil just to get engine case off.
It appears that the clutch plates are sticking together so i think the previous owner has put the wrong oil in.

So tomorrow its off to the shops to get new oil filter CORRECT oil and some brake cleaner to clean clutch plates, put it back together hoping the problem is fixed AND THEN might be able to modify the exhaust.

always something m8 censored 
my Ace sometimes does that but that's just a Yamaha quirk - hope you get it fettled alan thumbs 

That's a pain Alan but at least you made it home before trouble started, am sure you will sort it soon. Would love to come and have a look but as you know have a few things going on at the mo!

@dirtydog wrote:
up  like that Ross! thumbs thumbs

That's a pain Alan but at least you made it home before trouble started, am sure you will sort it soon. Would love to come and have a look but as you know have a few things going on at the mo!

@dirtydog wrote:
up  like that Ross! thumbs thumbs

Thing is they are all true especially starting the bike infront of a buyer

Hopefully all sorted, cleaned plates, new oil and on the short test ride the clutch appears to be working now. Give it a longer test ride tomorrow

@Skelly wrote:
Hopefully all sorted, cleaned plates, new oil and on the short test ride the clutch appears to be working now. Give it a longer test ride tomorrow

Glad u got it sorted alan.thumbs 

@Skelly wrote:

Good sign mate. Fingers crossed thumbs 

Longer test ride today, gear changes a  lot better Very Happy and with that baffle removed the engine is more responsive and smoother Very Happy

Its great you got it sorted Alan, think your your right about regular oil changes, we don't want it turning into a BMW 7 series do we? affraid affraid