Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

Brooklands?

Anyone heard of Brooklands race track? my boss went there today and said it was the first track, and birthplace of motorsport. am I missing something? ive never heard of this place?

Not been used for years but yes very big in its day take a look

Anyone heard of Brooklands race track? my boss went there today and said it was the first track, and birthplace of motorsport. am I missing something? ive never heard of this place?

huh,,, yoof of today Rolling Eyes 

James May followed the original course in Scalextric in 2009, had to go through a housing estate and over a large pond

@Skelly wrote:
James May followed the original course in Scalextric in 2009, had to go through a housing estate and over a large pond

I remember that!!

it featured on "the petrol age " tv programme one thing they mentioned when it was under construction the contractors conned the owner and only laid the concrete half thickness so it was constantly needing repairs

construction hah somethings never change anyone remember the boys from the black stuff... rake it out thin, ..... want your drive tarmacing mate fofl 

@Neill wrote:
it featured on "the petrol age " tv programme one thing they mentioned when it was under construction the contractors conned the owner and only laid the concrete half thickness so it was constantly needing repairs

construction hah somethings never change anyone remember the boys from the black stuff... rake it out thin, ..... want your drive tarmacing mate fofl 

thats like our roads now isnt it?

@Neill wrote:

Just be careful here, I work for a road surfacing contractor  shake finger   shake finger   shake finger 

Only in the North so you southern softies get what you lot decide to put down  thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

@Neill wrote:

Just be careful here, I work for a road surfacing contractor  shake finger   shake finger   shake finger 

Only in the North so you southern softies get what you lot decide to put down  thumbs   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing
ride to Sussex it's fine. See the welcome to Kent sign and it's all holes and cracking roads

@Neill wrote:

ride to Sussex it's fine. See the welcome to Kent sign and it's all holes and cracking roads

That'll be the local councils mate. We have the same with road gritting, but only on the Local Authority roads, not the major road system.