Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

anyone tried continental road attack 2 tyres thinking about putting a set on my zed and have a good write up. also you don't have to scrub them in which is a bonus.

To be fair, tyres are getting much of a much. I can't say I've used any tyre lately that hasn't been any good. I do like my Avon's though!

ive had conti motions on the Ace for the past couple years and there lasting well - done some long road trips and they stick like shit to a corgi  thumbs thumbs 

because they don't use a releasing agent when they make em and they already have a rough scrubbed in like texture on them dave.
to be honest dick I'm not bothered about them lasting ages for the milage I do if I get two years out of a rear I would be happy.
I like the Michelin pilot road 2's I just fancied trying something newer .

@madcarper wrote:
because they don't use a releasing agent when they make em and they already have a rough scrubbed in like texture on them dave.
to be honest dick I'm not bothered about them lasting ages for the milage I do if I get two years out of a rear I would be happy.
didn't know that m8 , go for the 3's Ian great tyres

@dick65 wrote:
ive had conti motions on the Ace for the past couple years and there lasting well - done some long road trips and they stick like shit to a corgi  thumbs thumbs 

Also on my RF and great all round tyre , just like Dick has said  thumbs thumbs 

the 3s are good dave but they look like they are more a wet weather tyre and I try not to ride in shitty weather also the road attacks are not dual compound but when made the sides of the tyre are heat treated differently to the centre which is also thicker and they are steel braced. plus the tread pattern looks better. you know I think I've just talked myself into a set.  Laughing 

@madcarper wrote:

I'm on my third year now with them and I don't hang about there an old design so reckon the ones you want will be better- im running Michelin road 2's on the thundercat I personally didn't get the 3's as I find the 2's good enough for a 600. thumbs  

@madcarper wrote:
the 3s are good dave but they look like they are more a wet weather tyre and I try not to ride in shitty weather also the road attacks are not dual compound but when made  the sides of the tyre are heat treated differently to the centre which is also thicker and they are steel braced. plus the tread pattern looks better. you know I think I've just talked myself into a set.  Laughing 
I find them good dry and wet , and they wear well too, I always had the 2s then went to these , I would say just as good as the 2s in the dry and better in the wet

I've had Road Attacks and they are a decent tyre. Probably not in the same league as Michelin PRs or similar. Wear well. What I will say is I think Maxxis Sport Touring are a better tyre than the Contis at less money, if you're looking a little below the stupidly expensive "top" tyres  Smile 

I've had Road Attacks and they are a decent tyre. Probably not in the same league as Michelin PRs or similar. Wear well.  What I will say is I think Maxxis Sport Touring are a better tyre than the Contis at less money, if you're looking a little below the stupidly expensive "top" tyres  Smile 

But you ride on anything in any condition  Shocked

But ride on anything in any condition  Shocked

Well yes I do have quite a catholic approach to bike tyres, and have discovered that an awful lot of crap is spouted about them. The very fact that I'm not dead is because, within reason, any old tyre will do for most of us. We're just not good enough to stretch them, even those of us who go out in the rain.  Cool

But ride on anything in any condition  Shocked

Well yes I do have quite a catholic approach to bike tyres, and have discovered that an awful lot of crap is spouted about them. The very fact that I'm not dead is because, within reason, any old tyre will do for most of us. We're just not good enough to stretch them, even those of us who go out in the rain.  Cool
 Laughing 

I know what you saying m8 I like the 2s and have them on my bandit just tyres have come on a bit since they came out and these road attacks 2s are the latest version I just fancy trying something different and I can not find a bad review of them. I suppose everyone has a favourite tyre but sometimes you just have to try something else.. I will moniter them over the season and report back.

@madcarper wrote:
I know what you saying m8 I like the 2s and have them on my bandit just tyres have come on a bit since they came out and these road attacks 2s are the latest version I just fancy  trying something different and I can not find a bad review of them. I suppose everyone has a favourite tyre but sometimes you just have to try something else.. I will moniter them over the season  and report back.
cool  thumbs  I am not brave enough to try something else  Embarassed 

@Davehutch wrote:
@madcarper wrote:
I know what you saying m8 I like the 2s and have them on my bandit just tyres have come on a bit since they came out and these road attacks 2s are the latest version I just fancy  trying something different and I can not find a bad review of them. I suppose everyone has a favourite tyre but sometimes you just have to try something else.. I will moniter them over the season  and report back.

cool  thumbs   I am not brave enough to try something else  Embarassed 

but if you find something you like and trust why not dave!

im still experimenting, but the road 3's are my next try  thumbs