Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

flood insurance

ok I feel for the people and businesses affected by the floods, but why should I or anyone else who has a house or business be expected to cough up more money for insurance when my house and business has just about no chance of ever being flooded. surely people must realize if they choose to live on a floodplain or beside a nice river they can be flooded and therefore should pay for insurance accordingly or be prepared to lose out. this is only going to get worse with population growth and so called global warming I bet the shareholders don't take a hit though. fecking robbing  head bang  feckers.

Hopefully you'll feel more magnanimous if you crash your bike and put up all our premiums. That's just how insurance rolls I'm afraid dude.  Smile 

Hopefully you'll feel more magnanimous if you crash your bike and put up all our premiums. That's just how insurance rolls I'm afraid dude.  Smile 

nope don't feel any better about it.
you won't be saying that if this happens every year and pretty soon it will cost more to insure than to buy a bike.

rather that's how insurance companies would like it to roll. My car was stolen 4 years ago but the immobiliser killed the engine the next two streets down. By the time I got there from work the police had loaded it on to a wagon and shipped it to the insurance accredited garage who decided it would cost £4500 to put right and as my premeium was already £3200 I let them scrap it. Only damage to put right was a new ignition. No other damage was present. Thieving Ba%&ards.

OOOhhhh and the car was an x-reg corsa 1.0 litre valued at £1800

@obalanga wrote:

rather that's how insurance companies would like it to roll. My car was stolen 4 years ago but the immobiliser killed the engine the next two streets down. By the time I got there from work the police had loaded it on to a wagon and shipped it to the insurance accredited garage who decided it would cost £4500 to put right and as my premeium was already £3200 I let them scrap it. Only damage to put right was a new ignition. No other damage was present. Thieving Ba%&ards.

OOOhhhh and the car was an x-reg corsa 1.0 litre valued at £1800

Yep, I didn't say I agreed with how it works, just stating the facts. My son's had that happen to him, stolen car two streets away which cost a packet in release fees etc.
Don't harbour the notion that insurance is fair or customer orientated-it's a big business with more than just the ear of government to allow it to operate the way it does.  Smile 

There all robbing  censored 

Just had the new premium through for the Dog insurance £400  Shocked Shocked and weve never claimed
Ive told the mrs thats it no more put the premium in the bank

and if anything was to happen will just use our rainy day money

@lee wrote:

Just had the new premium through for the Dog insurance £400  Shocked Shocked and weve never claimed

£400 for the dog  Shocked We've just got a kitten and need to look into insurance for her.Could be interesting.Mind you we're lucky our house insurance is £60 something

@flange wrote:
@lee wrote:

£400 for the dog  Shocked We've just got a kitten and need to look into insurance for her.Could be interesting.Mind you we're lucky our house insurance is £60 something

probably not much longer after this weather