Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbie

Givi xs307 tank bag

I was after a smallish tank bag for my trip to france and after doing some homework I decided on the Givi xs307. It's 15L and has the ability to expand a little.
It has the tank lock system so the bag doesn't actually sit on your tank but on a locking ring bolted to your fuel cap. So no worries of scratching your tank or having to use matting underneath.
I've not test rode with it yet but it seems quite sturdy. Also in the pics below you'll see that the locking mechanism on the bag is movable by unscrewing it and readjusting to the pre drilled holes so you can have the bag further forward or backwards to suit your needs. I moved it back a little  to make it easier to get to the ignition.
Not the best looking thing and it does look a little odd just sitting on top of the tank but at the end of the day you don't buy luggage for the looks but for practicality, Well I don't anyway  Laughing 
It also has an extra clear map/tablet cover. Personally wouldn't really fancy riding with my iPad in there unless I suppose you have GPS on it and use it as a huge screen sat nav  Laughing 

Oh and just to add the locking ring that bolts to your bike doesn't come as standard with the bag as its bike/manufacturer specific. But I bought it as a package from the cheapest place i could find  for £95 which was http://www.bs-motoparts.com/en/ based in Germany. I ordered this Friday afternoon and was delivered Wednesday morning. Free delivery to the UK for orders over £69.

you cant beat good luggage that's tidy m8  thumbs thumbs 

good idea, i got a tank bag off dick, if i get the ktm its no good as its got a plastic tank like most newer bikes, so might be worth looking into  thumbs 

I'm pretty screwed then, plastic tank and the filler is under the pillion seat  Laughing 

test rode with the bag on today and can report its very solid and stable even at triple figures. Very happy with it and would recommend.

Nice! I just bought the Yamaha City tank bag. It is great but I have to attach it using clips! I have modified it slightly to make it easier though.