Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

who gets the axe???

A few months ago a young lad of 18 started work at my place. He is polite, hardworking and a fast learner. Two weeks ago a guy in his early thirties started work. Despite the fact that he has a serious speech impediment ( stammer) he works hard, has a modicum of logic around his approach which I attribute mostly to age on his side. My boss approached me today and asked me who he should keep between the two. I think he is leaning towards (keeping) the older guy.
     But here is the dilema, my boss doesn't know I am going for a final interview with another firm tomorrow after successfully passing two rounds and he may be receiving a notice on monday. Further more there is a third individual at work who is positively militant, a waste of time and drains morale to those around him. I have been on the receiving end of his gossip though it doesn't bother me. For those of you who have kids or are kids (chad), you know what a horrendous work climate this is for young ones. Should I stick the boot in to this third individual though due to labour laws he's been in employ for years and nothing would happen to him or just keep quiet as i would not want to spoil it for the first two guys.?

speak your mind mate!

Same As Chad'. ---- And you owe No;3 fighting  no favours do you.

The others will find their own level.

look after yourself and those who look after you, they work hard to help more i take it? the lazy ones creating more work for you etc.

number 3 should get his comeuppance mate theres nowt worse than working with arseholes and ive worked with some in the past just imagine if the boot was on the other foot i bet hed stitch you right up

ps think he called your pint a puff Twisted Evil

Given your boss has asked your opinion, let him know what you think. Given you haven't received anything from the other, somewhat diplomatic answers may be the direction to take. The 3rd guys an  bume, but no point stooping to his level   thumbs

why 'despite' the fact he has a bad stutter, doesn't make him any less of a person its only a case of the brain working faster than you can speak, I was born with a bad impediment but mainly overcome it now but still get off days especially if im tired and im sure once hes settled in you will be conversing 'normally'
any way back to point just speak your mind m8 its the only way you'll get anywhere and I find most folks respect that.

I used the phrase 'despite the fact' in recognition that it will have held him back in other jobs as already some people at work are making jokes now. Knowing them it will only get worse . I fully take your point. It may have come across as if he ought not to excell due his disability but I mean't to realise that he will have overcome some obstacles due to his disability.

@dick65 wrote:
why 'despite' the fact he has a bad stutter, doesn't make him any less of a person its only a case of the brain working faster than you can speak, I was born with a bad impediment but mainly overcome it now but still get off days especially if im tired and im sure once hes settled in you will be conversing 'normally'
any way back to point just speak your mind m8 its the only way you'll get anywhere and I find most folks respect that.

i just thought it was your accent mate!