Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

what bike boots?

well my boots have lack of sole left, and are pretty naffed not bad for 3 years of abuse!

however im after new set what do you recommend.

they were alpine stars and loved them but they are £350 to replace anything out there worth looking into?

dont want something cheap thats going to fall apart within 6 months!

Had my Sidi vertebrae boots a few years now Chad and they are still good (Apart from key ring loops have replaced the zip tag as they snapped Embarassed )  but have a good look at the Daytona's Dave mentioned as they get a good write up thumbs

yeah will do

what i like about my alpine stars was the fact the inner boot makes them feel like your foot there is no movement of your feet inside, so probably after something simular.

end of november at laguna motorcycles. they clear 2014 stock out. got my first arai lid for £280 should have been £390 Wink

ive used my alpinestar smx 4 boots more or less everyday for 3 years and there still going strong thumbs
chad I don't put my feet down much LaughingTwisted Evil

@Davehutch wrote:
Daytona boots fully water proof and breathable, and like wearing my slippers

+1 and when they do eventually wear out you can send them off to be refurbished,they come back looking like new.

try here http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=2693547&PageSize=20&Page=2

I bought an Arai off them last year and they were spot on. delivery was quicker than a lot of UK shops.

@dick65 wrote:
ive used my alpinestar smx 4 boots more or less everyday for 3 years and there still going strong thumbs
chad I don't put my feet down much LaughingTwisted Evil

i used to commute on them on my bandit so might be 4 years but was only for little while.

im lucky if i get a couple years out of a pair, salt seems to crack the leather on them. I would wear my arlen ness ones more but there swede so will be buggered on no time with winter riding!

I've got a pair of Alpine Stars too, they suit me o.k. and are comfy, I prob don't use them as much as you guys, but I'd recommend them. thumbs

if you like them then why not! i would of gone with the same boots for a third time, but two pairs both with soles that broke inside made me decide against it.

ive been looking at these. But I think I might get them in the waterproof version.

if theyre easy to put on id buy them mark but wouldnt buy boots that are a faff to put on mate as you would tend to wear your old ones cos knowing you theres probably nowt wrong with them Laughing

Seriously though. They work for me mate, but mine are the "summer" ones. Good when it's warm as you get air through them   thumbs
And yes, my bike shrinks in the rain so doesn't go out in it   Sad   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

if theyre easy to put on id buy them mark but wouldnt buy boots that are a faff to put on mate as you would tend to wear your old ones cos knowing you theres probably nowt wrong with them Laughing

mine r fooked stan, the zips have gone again so time for new