Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

sat nav way points

Hi all. I have a garmin nuvi 2515 lt which is essentially a car satnav but use it on my bike. Say I am travelling from Birmingham to Newcastle and add Manchester as a way point on the route planner function, I find my self having to worm my way to a certain street in the middle of Manchester and then out again which can be cumbersome if one is one a long ride out. Is there a way to make the sat nav just take me round the manchester by pass and therefore taking the shortest route to newcastle?? Birmingham, Manchester and Newcastle  are only used as examples. It is worse when I am navigating small to medium sized towns

Well I'm not expert with gizmo's, & I've got a Tom-Tom, --but on mine the menu   has an option to 'avoid' certain routes.. ?? perhaps yours has too  ?? confused

You could set it to take you to Manchester then when your just outside re programme it to take you to Newcastle.

I know this tutorial is for "green laining" but I can't see why it wouldn't work the same for normal highways... Obviously this guy is using a Tom Tom but I'm sure if possible you applied the same methods to your garmin unit it may work...... Or search the Web for a self help video suited to your unit lol
Greenlaning with TomTom GPS: http://youtu.be/jJMpY6vnTOI