Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melly

bikers communication kit

Hi all, opinions/advice please.

Just got back from the NEC bike show and looked at a system from Maxco.  Its a Bluetooth hand free wireless free communication.  It uses a vibration driver using the helmet shell to create a 3D audio inside the helmet.  Did try it out at the show, as best you can and it certainly seemed to work.  

The kit is secured to the helmet on the outside by magnet and clip - seemed secure enough and obviously they say it is.  the microphone fits inside the cheek padding of the helmet.

Retails at £225 for rider-pillion kit - not sure how that relates to other pieces of kit.  I have to say I was very impressed, but wondered if anyone had used it or heard reviews, good or bad.

Most of the time its not a problem not communicating (the peace and quiet can be quite nice actually LaughingLaughing ) but would be good on long journeys, like the trip to Scotland we are planning next year.

http://www.maxco.co/product/d01-1-twin-pack-rider-pillion/

not much range mel only 10 metres if i was buying something like that id want to talk to me mates on their bikes as well

You can get bike - bike kits which I believe have more range but I could be wrong. We were specifically looking at bike - pillion kits.

@melly wrote:
You can get bike - bike kits which I believe have more range but I could be wrong. We were specifically looking at bike - pillion kits.

Think Dave would like as little as range as possible so even I can't talk to him Laughing

wow, i have been looking for transducer based equipment for a while. Maybe something that goes around your throat like what special forces use. How clear or loud would you say it was? I wish I could find a place that demos it. I was about to get a scala rider g9x but I will try and find out more about this.

It seemed fine to us and we got some friends who where going to the show the next day to try it too , we also know someone where I live who has one , they all say it's good , we are going to buy a pair for when we go touring Scotland later in the year