Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

ebay scam

Right i sold the 900 diversion via ebay. he then said could he pay via paypal as he will do it on his credit card. he has now paid the full asking price and ive been told of a scam that once they recieve the goods they then do a claimback on their card and i would then get they taking the money back.

anyone know of this?

im close to refunding it and saying cash on collection or ill sell it elsewhere as i have someone in sussex who wants it if i can deliver which i said i can if i get a delivery deposit.

Not heard of that mate, but I'll ask my sister as she does a lot more on ebay than I do.

my sons mate sold some wheels and got paid via paypal and they asked if they could collect them ;they then claimed their money back through paypal as they said wheels hadnt been sent ;ask for cash on collection chad or sell to someone else

i refunded he said how can he pay as hes only to card i said paypal money to his daughter and get her to withdraw, he said good plan and hasnt replied but ive got someone else on the cards just means a 120 mile round trip to deliver but ill be getting paid for it

Yep, they do claim the money back and it at times is withdrawn from your account forcefully and without notice. You would think credit cards have a covering fund for this but it happens to debit cards, cheques even astonishingly bank drafts. The only sure way is cash in hand and in time to make the bank or someone kicks your door in.

I've not experienced any prob's, but have had pals who have had bad experiences, "on-line" transactions are not without their pitfalls---can't beat C.I.H. thumbs

another scam is they ask for discount as goods were not as described and raise a grievance with paypal who almost always side with the buyer and freeze your account until its settled Suspect

i get lots of that on the ebay shop so i say return it for a full refund and a lot of them go quiet

I have nevet sold on Ebay only bought but have loads to sell.  Its experiences like the ones you have mentioned that put me off.......might just do a car boot in the summer! lol

well he came an bought the bike today cash it wouldnt run right though so he gave me £800 as it is so all fine