Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Bloody alarms!!

Been having bother with my VFR alarm again. Replacing the keyfob battery appears to have sorted it, but I'm taking it to Spain in a few months, and I spoke to an alarm fitter today who will come out and remove it for £60. Bit tempting to kiss it off for about the same price as replacing the other (lost) keyfob. Bearing in mind all the grief I got with it last time in Spain when Brittany Ferries broke off my underseat transponder, a simple life looks the best. Any opinions? Smile

@Davehutch wrote:
Bin it and get a disc lock alarm

+1 , Ive had alarms on every bike I've owned up till this one and theyre nothing but a right PITA. nobody takes any notice of them anyway just be a bit more careful about leaving your bike unattended.

and if half a dozen knuckle dragging neanderthals pull up in front of your bike in a van,jump out and lift it in the back with a couple of scaffold poles what goods an alarm going to do, are you really going to go and tackle them? If your really concerned the only sure fire way to put them off is to carry a big lock and chain around and chain it to a bit of street furniture every time you leave it.

roughly how long did it take for the fob battery to die smillingjack? I have a meta fitted just to lower my premiums. As soon as I hit the magical 5 years i will have it off as most people I know hate them. And as a mechanic said to me , one day it will fail and that will be a guaranteed recover job.

I've binned the alarms on each bike I've had.
arse pains they are!!. Twisted Evil
Ionically the one I have on the Rocket has given no prob's--
as yet!! --
1st bit o' bother, and it'll be binned for sure.. down

@obalanga wrote:
roughly how long did it take for the fob battery to die smillingjack? I have a meta fitted just to lower my premiums. As soon as I hit the magical 5 years i will have it off as most people I know hate them. And as a mechanic said to me , one day it will fail and that will be a guaranteed recover job.

I reckon this battery is maybe three years old tbf, but for the cost l plan to change annually. Just bought three CR1616 online for £4.50 posted. Still may very well rag it off though. Smile

I hate cheap alarms. My datatool is good but it brings the bikes service light on now and then but turn the key off and on again it clears.

I hate cheap alarms. My datatool is good but it brings the bikes service light on now and then but turn the key off and on again it clears.

I had a Meta on my ZX12R, a Datatool on my second Fireblade and my Mrs has a Meta on her GSXR750 and they all did this.