Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RnestseekR

The gift of prophecy at work in your local body

Hello Forum. I recognize that not all who are given dreams have a gift of prophecy. But for those who do have the gift of prophecy, how is that gift being plugged in to your local body? Can you share some examples with us? Specifically, how is the Lord using the gift of prophecy to get the Word of God out to unbelievers? In other words, how is 1 Corithians 14:24 "But if all prophesy, and an unbeleiver or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all." Reading verse 23 before it puts the verse into context, that if the whole church comes together and an unbeliever walks in, the purpose of the prophecy is to make a believer out of 'em. Can you also give the context or flavoring of your church in your examples - that is, are you in a reserved body or a "charasmatic" body, a growing church, a small church, etc.
No right or wrong answers here. Just wanting to see how God is working in and through you to bring unbelievers to Him!

Hi RnestseekR I don't have the gift of prophecy but I know two persons with that gift in my church. I remember one Sunday morning God told my pastor that he would be having a visitor in church that day. During Sunday morning service that proved to be true as a young man came into the church. This young man who is not a Christian during testimony time at church came up and explained that early in the morning while he was in bed he heard a spirit said to him that he should get up and go to church. So he decided to obey that voice and ended up going to our church. My pastor was able to minister to that young man and pray for him. As a result that young man was able to know that God truly existed and that he knew what was going on in that young man's life and he understood and cared for him. My church is a small church by the way.

RnestseekR,

That gift of prophesy is used in this forum to encourage the body of Christ and to pray for them. It is also used in intercession to pray for the lost but also to pray for our country and other nations. It is also used to set the captive free in Deliverance and Healings. That is my use of my prophetic gift used as the Holy Spirit would direct me.

God bless and I pray this is of help to you,

Connie huggins

Thank you for sharing Butterfly. What a beautiful testimony to God's workings! DoveSolutions - Thank you for your response. I am curious as to how God uses different gifts in different scenarios so that I can be more sensitive (less dismissive?) when He desires to use me.

Hi RnestseekR. I will give you another example of the gift of prophecy at work in the church. This prophecy was not from a pastor but a member of the church. I remember this particular member of the church came up in front of the church at a particular time during the service and he was saying that there was someone in the service and God has been dealing with them about letting go of the past and they needed to let go of the past. He said God was warning that person to let go of the past and that he wants to bless that person but he cannot bless that person unless they get over the past. Guess what, that person he was talking about was me. I was horrified :eek: God had been dealing with me personally about getting over the past and I was finding it very very difficult to do. Nobody, absolutely nobody knew anything about that.

SO, to use a Paul Harvey line, what's the rest of the story? I believe that absolutely God could have laid that on someone's heart - and that He absolutely loves you enough to "call you on it" ("it" being the thing you could not let go of). Were you able to let go? Are you still in the midst of it? How has your relationship with Jesus grown because of that morning?
Thank you for your willingness to share and be transparent! BTW: I LOVE you little smiley "horrified". That's too funny! Have a fantastic day!

Hi RnestseekR I am still in the midst of dealing with the past. I have found it extrememly hard to let go of certain things that has happened in my life but I am letting it go as much as I can. God has also been helping me a lot with this.

In terms of my relationship with God I realized just how serious God is. If God deals with us about something and we don't listen then he sends other people to warn us. Also I have learnt there are serious consequences to disobedience. I don't want to end up like King Saul who did not obey God's instructions. So I am trying to obey God as best as I can.

Yes, God is serious. He is also merciful. Rest in that - He knows you are trying to obey "as you can". Just continue to be open to the work the Spirit is doing in you! Thank you again for your honesty and willingness to share.

Butterfly,

The Lord looks at the heart of the matter. Rest in Him knowing that His mercy is new everyday and that He loves you with an everlasting Love! You are the Beloved of the Lord and He is your Beloved and He knows how you feel about Him. Be as obedient as you know how and He has given you Grace to cover you on those times when you aren't. God bless and I pray this is a blessing to you!

Love in Christ,

Connie :cmere: