Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
praiseabba

Accepting Abba's Will

Dearest Sisters & Brothers,

I am soliciting your prayers for direction, endurance and sensitivity to God's will. I'm in a season of shifting--about to graduate from grad school with a Masters and have to vacate the school's housing with in a month. I have not worked for 3 years, as my family and friends have supported me to complete this degree, and have no transportation. I've been in this "pressure-cooker" for 3-months. I desire to teach and give back to the youth urban community. I've accepted my call to Eldership, pursue music and marriage (when God releases the person--I didn't want marriage at all). I've been experiencing a lot of emotional-heart-wrenching-pain. I know this is apart of the process, and believe me I'm fasting and praying profusely. My desire is to just be in the "perfect" will of Abba.

Thank you.

I will pray praiseabba, but I think you are already IN the perfect will of God. SOMETIMES you can tell that you are by the amount of pressure that comes with it because in order to be in the center of his will it requires less of us. In "The Press"...it squeezes everything that isn't like him out and those are the most trying times.

One of the things I've learned to do is to release and let go. Half the battle is won when we let go of what WE think we want and desire to do and allow what he wants to bring into our lives...in HIS order.

May God give you the strength and peace that you need to go through this season of your life.

huggins

One step at a time. All of what you are going through is process like you said. Process involves steps. He who has begun the great work in you, will complete it. Follow Him. I pray that you seek Him first, and His righteousness. Everything is going to be alright. However, do not try to take on more than you were meant to handle. Prioritize, because all of this is a new beginning. Jesus said that His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I sense that you are trying to be and do too much for the people who have supported you. Take delight, all is well. You are in the perfect will of God. Step back and let Him lead. God knows your heart. Whatever God has for you, I promise you will not leave this earth unfulfilled. So all is in His timing, not ours. Blessing and favor upon you. Stay encouraged. You are in the will of God.