Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterfly

Yeah, history has a way of repeating itself. In this case, a nation turning it's back on God and putting all it's trust in "man". In the old testament, Saul's action were not of God but God placed him as King because the people insisted on it...so He gave them what they asked for. This is going to continue to happen...generation after generation, until WE turn BACK to God. If we don't stand for God, we'll fall for anything.

Those who don't have an ear to hear what the Spirit is saying will be led astray, but that is not our problem to discuss...we need to pray instead. It's not the Presidents fault. IF IT IS TRUE and he is leading people astray "by his speeches", then it's not him, it's the people who listen. I like our new President, but I don't hang on every word that comes out of his mouth because I can't do that and hear what God is saying at the same time.

thumbs

I agree with what you have said "Jimmy", but things need to be discussed so that we will know how and what to pray about. Yes, those of us who are filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues can put them into action because God said when we don't know what to pray that He will make intercession for us through tongues.

I want to hear what's going on, and like you, I don't hang on to every word I hear, from anyone, because I know my ultimate last say-so is from God.

This one world government is what the anti-christ will use to gain control over people of the world.

This is why we as "people of God" have to remain faithful. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14 We have to wake up from sleeping during this hour. We have to pray and stay before God at all times. I'm not worried about what the anti-christ is attempting to do. God has already warned us of them but He has also given us instructions on what we need to do. God is our only solution and we have to do everything we can to let our light shine so that the un-saved see God in us. We may be the only bible that some people may ever read. We have to stay in position. We are in this world but not of this world. God's word will be fulfilled.
Do you really think God is going to allow the enemy to completely take over and destroy what He Himself created? This is all in God's plan to grab the attention of a nation who thought they could run this race without Him. This nation knew better than that.
Revelations 3:7-13
7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Hmmm...both of you misinterpreted my response. I didn't mean that we shouldn't discuss this here or that this post was wrong. I said that regarding people who just talk and discuss, yet they do not pray. If I felt this post was wrong I would have NEVER responded. I don't believe in debates and I bypass things that I disagree with. bandaid

"Jimmy", I guess I may have misunderstood your response about not discussing this post but I totally agree with you about praying. I will be the first to admit that my prayer life is not where it should be even though I KNOW prayer changes things. I didn't mean for you think I thought your post was wrong because that is far from the truth.

"butterfly", your concerns are real and I understand what you're saying...really I do.

You are absolutely right about studying God's word, equipping ourselves, for what is to come. Like I said, if we don't know what's going on, we won't know what to pray for. I'm not saying we shouldn't inform ourselves of anything, but why pray and worry? Do we not believe in the power of prayer? Before every miracle and act of Jesus, He went to pray. Now if Jesus knew He had to pray, what makes us think we can bypass prayer? I'm guilty of it myself when it comes to my personal prayer time. I just feel like trusting and acknowledging God in everything is the only thing I have to believe in. If I let go of my faith in God to perserve me during persecution, even if I come out with scars, I don't have anything.

This doesn't mean I have totally lost all visible and audible reality of what's going on, but what can I do about it? Other than pray and trust God's Will to come to pass? But I know that I understand your concerns about preparation. We have to be prepared and equipped with the tools God is giving us.

I think there are some things that God wants us to leave alone. I'm NOT saying that this is one of those things, but some things cannot be fought naturally, but spiritually. I do believe in what you said Virtuous about 2Chronicles 7:14 because if the Body of Christ would just HUMBLE themselves AND PRAY...THEN He will hear from heaven and heal our land.

The Bible speaks A LOT about prayer. I'm not saying that we are NOT to do things, but I think there are those that God has called to correct the situation...there are those of us who are to pray...but everyone is to spread the Word of God to those who come across our path.

I too am not worried about the Anti-Christ nor what happens because I Know God has this situation in His hands. Am I not worried to the point where I am lying around dispondent? No way...but just like Jesus and Judas...He didn't have to rebuke Judas for being an idiot, he was a part of the plan to get Jesus to the cross. The Bible speaks very candidly about these last days...there are some things we just won't be able to change because it is part of the plan for Christ's return.

All of this, of course, in my humble opinion.

Yes, there are battles that we can't fight. There are battles he wants us to leave alone. Remember Jehosaphat? All those armies coming against this one little person and he PRAYED to God for instructions. God told him to send the praise team in before them. The enemy turned on each other and KILLED THEMSELVES! We have to pray and praise God at all times. Have you heard the song on Marvin Sapp's new cd? It's called Praise Him In Advance...part of the chorus - "Praise will confuse the enemy!
I remind myself all the time that nothing takes God by surprise and the enemy was DEFEATED at the cross. I humbly agree with your humble opinion.

but some things cannot be fought naturally, but spiritually

You're right, the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but they are mighty in the pulling down of strongholds (paraphrased). We can't fight a spiritual battle with carnal (natural) weapons.

Sadly Butterfly it seems that you may only be saddened because people don't agree with your opinions. Just because you post something, doesn't mean that everyone will agree with you. I've read some of your other posts and you always post YOUR opinion and the moment someone disagrees it turns pitiful. We ALL have opinions and they won't always agree with yours. I CHOOSE to trust God...I choose to involve myself with the things that God is leading me to involve myself with. I can say that I'm saddened that you can't accept that people just don't and won't always agree with you.

If and when God lays something on my heart to do then I will do it. This is probably something you are called to shout and maybe this site is not the place for you to get the message out to. There may be those here who agree with you...and that's fine...it's their perogative, but you have to respect those who don't agree.

As far as your comment about us reaping the consequences of refusing to inform ourselves...hmmm, that's your opinion...only God determines my consequences and I clearly remember a man named Jesus who bore my consequences on the cross. I don't fear consequences...I fear and respect a loving God who is patient with me and who knows/understands that when and if I don't "get" or understand something, he waits or makes sures I do "get it".

This is so sad to me...really sad! duh

Butterfly,

I know and understand your concerns; but I choose not to dwell on them. I am truley sadden, just as well as you are, about some Christians falling into a state of depression and giving up on God.

Let me ask you something. Do you think that because of what the world is going through at this very moment is the reason behind the Christians you speak of are falling weak and feel as if their prayers are not being heard? If so, what changed? Are they not praying to the same God who have heard and answered their prayers time after time? Are they not praying to the same God who they have trusted and believed in before now? Do they not believe the God they serve will take care of them? Did God's word change? This world has changed; but God has not. He is a God that cannot and will not lie. He already said He will take care of HIS PEOPLE in the time of famine....He said He will be our (HIS PEOPLE) shield and our buckler in the time of calamity. Do they not believe that? If not; what do they believe? Are they putting their trust in "man" or in God. Do they not know that God, the creator of all things, can have His way through anything?

Come on now...I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm not getting into a state of depression, recession or any other "ession". My God is going to take care of me and this world. I don't understand why we (especially PEOPLE OF GOD) will allow what is going on to cause us to lose our minds when we know God's word has to be fulfilled. We also know what to do. I'm telling you; it's time to draw closer to God instead of giving up on Him. Don't do that.
Why is it that so many Christians pray yet still they don’t have a clue that Obama may be the man that brings America literally to it’s knees.
This may be true. God's word says every knee shall bow... If this is what it's going to take to get America "back" on its knees than so be it. That's what we're suppose to be doing anyway. Those who remain ignorant and uninformed about what God is doing, won't need any help from Obama or anybody else because they will self-destruct.

Do you all know how shameful it is that we know God and yet still we behave foolishly.

Yes, I do know this. You pointed out one aspect in one of your earlier post.
In this economic crisis are you both aware that some Christians are depressed, that they feel like giving up on God, feeling as if their prayers are unheard.

Is this not foolish? I think it is very foolish for us as Christians to EVER doubt God. Of course we all may feel unheard and that God is no where around. I have felt that recently. So I can tell you from experience that when He said He will never leave us and never forsake us...He meant it. The race is not given to the swift or the strong but to the one who will ENDURE to the end. Where is the trust? Where is the faith? When God returns, He said He will be looking for ONE thing...FAITH. We have to endure. We have to persevere. Like I said before, what do we really have if we don't have faith that God is able to deliver us? That's not being ignorant to what's going on. That's being CONFIDENT in God.

I'm not saying that I want to be ignorant and uniformed to what is going on in the world...It's evident. Am I wrong to FIRST trust in God? I honestly believe that people are killing themselves and their families, because they have lost all hope because of what is going on. I believe Christians are depressed and stressed out because they have forgotten where their help comes from.

I ask you again, Is God not the same God you believed and trusted before things got this way?

Other than researching, becoming informed and educated, about what's going on; What do you suggest we do to prepare ourselves for the future? I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with allowing it cause me to lose all hope in God and what He says about everything in His word. What do you think the unsaved is going to think when they see Christians all in a frantic about what's going on? What will be the point in them turning to God if His own children (Christians), are doubting Him?

butterfly,
Do you know what it is like to lose your home

As a matter of fact I do. I was believing God for a home in 2004. I fasted and prayed (absolue fast - nothing to eat or drink for 3 days)for this home and everything fell in place. In January 2005, I moved into a 4 bedroom, two bath, dining room, living room, den, covered parking drive, and a work shop building sitting on 2 acres of land. In January 2006, I lost my home and I moved back into the projects. Was I depressed? Was I upset? Was I praying and seeking God for direction? Yes to all. It was aweful. I was wondering where God was and how He could allow me and my children to go through all of that. I thought I was going to lose my mind! Right when I thought I could roll over and die I had a dream I was reading the book of John. I couldn't remember the chapter so I decided to start from the very beginning and I told God to reveal to me what He was trying to tell me. I stopped at John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I received God's peace and although I didn't have my home, I was at peace knowing God was doing what was best for me even if I felt lost. But had I stayed in my house, I never would've moved from the first project I was in and I wouldn't have never met a dear close friend of mine who died last year. After I moved from my home, God told me that there was someone there that He needed me to reach. It was my friend. Her watching me and my sharing with her what I knew about the Lord and what He says, touched her. She got saved a year before she died. I didn't realize it at first and God reminded me what He had told me. I miss my friend dearly, but I thank God that I will see her again in heaven.

you hardly have any money,

Yes, I do. I filed for bankruptcy the same year. I couldn't see my way out and I felt like I couldn't take care of my children. I felt like I let them down. I was so heartbroken, I was warn out,embarrassed, weighed down and going out of my mind. But glory be to God, He gave me a word... Psalms 55.22 "Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved". Through all of this, I learned I can't go from day to day trusting in my job or any other source of income to take care of me because it's not promised to me. But I am an heir, the daughter of the King of all Kings who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, the richest King there is and He has promised to supply all of my needs. And I believe Him.

I could go on and on about things I've gone through but the end result is still the same. I had to take God at His word. I didn't have anything or anybody else. Family and friends did the best they could for me, but nothing made a difference until I had FAITH in what God says in His word.

I'm not saying I don't understand or I don't feel sadness for people going through a trial and feeling depressed. I completely understand because I've gone through the fires of hell and the only thing that brought me out was God.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was calling people foolish for being depressed. That's not what I wanted to imply. I just want people to know that God is alive and in full effect. All we have to do is believe and have faith in Him.