Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calledandChosen

prayer for strength and insight

hello i am in a situation in my life where i just recommitted myself to Jesus. I got saved when i was approximately 17yrs old. but along the journey I have had instances before where i left God due to circumstances in my life. A year ago i left God again during that time I got involved with a nonchristian boyfriend. Our relationship was so easy in the beginning almost all the qualities i ever hoped for in a guy but not perfect as no one is. But it broke my heart everytime I said, but why couldnt he been christian I would have been so joyous. we broke up 3 times before, all because i felt the urge to go back to God. I tried ministering to him, he went to church with me a couple of times but he's still unsaved. I broke with him on 4th of july, it was a very bad breakup. there were questions of trust, texts from other females and I witnessed something very disturbing in which he said he had to have been sleep walking as he wouldn't have done that in his right mind and that wasn't him. miraculously we spoke after the breakup and he said he now has a strong urge to find out what life is about, that he was reading something in proverbs. He wanted to get back together even though i wanted to I still told him no. He was raised in the rastafarian religion in which they do read the bible but they believe that jesus christ already came to earth reincarnted into haille selassie so they see jesus as not the ultimate savior they acknowledge him as a prophet but not as king above all. They give their praise to selassie.
Please pray for him that God will lead him to Jesus and open his eyes to finding the truth of the gospel and be saved.
Please pray for my strength in God, to love God and serve him no matter what comes my way in life. To put him first above all.
Please help me pray aginst feelings of fear and failure, that im gonna screw up on my walk with God again. That God will heal my hurt from this relationship and that i will understand what my life is about and should be.
thank you

Calledandchosen...I feel the longing in your heart for God. The Bible says that if you draw nigh to God he will draw nigh to you. The beautiful thing about the Lord is that the tinyest step you take, He will take a gigantic step to get to you. He loves you with an everlasting and unconditional love and there is nothing that you can do to separate yourself from it.

Once you draw closer to him, you will experience the strength and the stability you are looking for. The one truth that has brought freedom in my life is that you can do NO WRONG with God. He's a tender and loving God.

I would suggest that you keep away from the relationship from the guy you were dating and become more strengthened in God. As you do that, your perspective of certain things and people in your life will change.

My prayers are with you...

Praise God calledandchosen, your on the right path! Know you are not alone, we all fall short many times in our walk w/God. If you mess up, pick yourself back up the good Lord will never leave your nor for sake you! He is a loving God, he says to come unto him as we are, he's already working on you, in you and through you!

Cholette - beautifully said! praiseGod

I will be praying for you calledandchosen!

I pray for your ex boyfriend that Jesus would show him any way he chooses that he is alive and has not come yet. I ask Jesus to take his blinders off and reveal the truth to him. I thank you Father you have loved calledandchosen through all her sliding backward as you do with all of us. Thank you that your promise in Psalm 23 to keep her on a path of righteousness for your names sake. We praise you Father for your constant love. I ask you to lift her up and continue her on your way, your path and your truth in Jesus name.