Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awesomegod16

Prayer for job and direction.

Hello,
I am home recuperating from surgery and before I left my job in June, I had thought about applying for a job that was at a christian college. Years ago, I applied for this very job and didn't get it. And when this job came up on my email ( I get email alerts), I figured it was the Lord. The present job I am on, I just have been there for a year. But being at home and having so much time to think about it, I feel like I am at a crossroads or something like maybe an important time in my life. I mean, I don't know but I sense that this may be an important time for me. I asked the Lord, if this job at this college was for me, that God would hold this job for me. I can't go on the interview or couldn't have if they called earlier because I just had surgery like 11 days ago, and physically I wouldn't have been able to do it. But I asked the Lord that if this job was for me, that He would close the doors to all other applicants, and hold this job open for me until I can physically go on the interview.
This prayer request isn't just for a job that I want, but I feel that it's more important than that, something else behind the obvious thing of wanting what I want which is a new job. I mean, Sometimes it seems that God is really quiet with me, that I am not sure what He is doing. I sense that quietness with God, like I really need to know His heart on what He wants for me. So my prayer request is for His direction for this job, but to really know what He wants, that His purpose for my life will be done in this season of my life.
I don't know if anyone is understanding what I am trying to write here. I know perhaps I haven't gotten down to the real issues because I'm not really sure I know myself, but I would like to ask for prayer. Thank you.

blossom

blossom,
I will pray for u that God give you direction. I am praying that pryer for myself.

rosemary

I SOOOOO know what you are going through Blossom. I would like to comment on what you said about God being quiet. I'm in a season where he's talking to me about EVERYTHING else besides the area where I need the most direction in.

Last weekend I went away on a weekend excursion just so I could get away from my normal surroundings and seek God (regarding the issue that he seems to NOT be speaking in). i spoke to the Lord about his quietness in this area and once again...NOTHING! I sort of got a little frustrated until I opened up this devotional book I have. It said...

If God isn't speaking in an area, the first thing we do is think that he is ignoring us, but could it be that you are right where you need to be and no instructions or directions are needed? A loving God will direct you so you can be in the place he needs you to be in. Let's rejoice in times of quietness because God's silence can mean that I'm in the right place at he right time.

When I read this, it was better than God speaking it to my heart. I think he knows that if he would have spoken it to me, I would not have believed He said it. He gave me those words in a devotional on the exact day I was becoming a little frustrated with His silence. GLORY TO GOD!!

As far as your job is concerned...if the job is for you, then it's for you. God will hold the door open since he's the only one with the sovereignty to open and shut doors. I would apply for it even though you are not in the physcial condition to interview. The amount of time they have until they no longer accept applications may be a ways off. Just do it...you have NOTHING to lose.

Let us know how things turn out and may God give you a FASTER RECOVERY than expected. Blessings!!

Dear God, please help Blossom in her quest. Please give her peace in between now and the answer.

Do not worry about your life for who can add an hour to their life through worry? Instead of worrying problem solve, pray, and give thanks.

Hi Cholette,
Thanks for sharing as it must be pretty cool to have God speaking but then you said that He wasn't speaking about what you wanted him to speak on. I can totally relate to that and I want to thank you for sharing what your devotional said. It is really what I needed to hear and what someone just told me about.
Just a little update on the surgery: I am really thankful for the Lord for his faithfulness in all of this. He came through in a huge way and He did direct the doctor's hands and guided him. God is allowing me to heal properly.

As for the job, I didn't get any response from them, as I couldn't have gone on the interviews, God is sovereign in that respect. I start my old job at the high school this Thursday so suppose for now, He wants me there.

Blossom

I agree. What God has for you...is for you. I interviewed for a position (promotion) during my 8th month of pregnancy. They "HELD" the job for me until I came off of maternity leave 2 1/2 months later!!!!!!!!!

I never heard it put the way Cholette put it; but it does make perfectly good sense. I also have heard that during those times of silence, God is testing our faith in that area. Just as in the natural, during testing time...the teacher doesn't speak!

Cholette wrote:

i spoke to the Lord about his quietness in this area and once again...NOTHING! I sort of got a little frustrated until I opened up this devotional book I have. It said...

If God isn't speaking in an area, the first thing we do is think that he is ignoring us, but could it be that you are right where you need to be and no instructions or directions are needed? A loving God will direct you so you can be in the place he needs you to be in. Let's rejoice in times of quietness because God's silence can mean that I'm in the right place at he right time.

When I read this, it was better than God speaking it to my heart. I think he knows that if he would have spoken it to me, I would not have believed He said it. He gave me those words in a devotional on the exact day I was becoming a little frustrated with His silence. GLORY TO GOD!!

What a timely, well-spoken word, Cholette. Amen.

Praise the Lord Lightbeam!!!!

Virtuous...I agree with you. The silence of God could mean so much because nothing is absolute when it comes to a sovereign God. It blessed me to know that there is another reason for his silence.

I'm going through a rough season where I need direction NOW, but he's silent. It's one of those seasons that have "deadlines". Even with that, there is no deadlines in God because with Him before us, who can be against us? I needed to read that there is another possibility besides the fact that he was being "mean" or CONTINUOUSLY testing my faith. God is good...I will BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!!!!!

Blossom...God is good...I'm glad that He guided the hands of the doctors like we prayed...he's a GOOD GOD! All the other stuff will work out the same way. I'm on a job that I wish I could run from, but I now know that whatever I try to run from is the very thing God is going to use to usher in those things I've been praying for. I hate admitting that, but I won't complain...it could be worse...thank ya Jesus.