Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smorkle

GMB Glich..

*this topic merged onto lea's thread*

I'm sure by now most have you have seen this or already know how to work around the box glitch fix by PF but for those of you who don't know yet, here is the link:

click HERE to get to Lunadaisy's thread on how to work around this glitch fix.

How many of you are still buying GMB's now the glich has been removed??

Are you using the new GMB glich? The one where you work off line?

I use it...its a little more time consuming than the old glich, but once you get used to it is really easy congratulations

Not that I have time to do it much at the moment, do nt even get my visiting done very often Sad

Tromo3 wrote:
What glitch?

you used to be able to refresh gifted MB's if you didn't like what was in it ..and keep doing it until you got what you wanted, but Playfish fixed it a while agol

There is still a way to do it, but it takes longer ...have a look here for instructions on how to do it

YES! thank goodness someone found a way around the glitch! seriously i thought i was going to have to quit.

it does take a little bit longer but like you guys mentioned, once you get the hang of it, it's no biggy.

i did notice a lot more junk back in there again. is that just me?

I think there is a lot more junk in there now...the ratio of 999's to rubbish is a lot lower now!

i use the new glitch! i've tried to buy some gmbs in a "normal" way, but i got only useless things, like pants, floor or wallpapers!

Chiaretta wrote:
i use the new glitch! i've tried to buy some gmbs in a "normal" way, but i got only useless things, like pants, floor or wallpapers!

me too. don't ever buy using the normal way. you will pull your hair out. i don't think anyone needs more than one pair of classic jeans! congratulations that's what i always get!

Guest Guest
i pressed the link (here) and it took me to the forum page ?

Guest Guest
thanks ill give it a go xxxx

The only proble is I can't find the Work Offline button in the tools

Tromo3 wrote:
The only proble is I can't find the Work Offline button in the tools

what are you using?

i use firefox cuz safari doesn't have the work offline option...

I am using Firefox always, except when checking my E-ail.

Tromo3 wrote:
I am using Firefox always, except when checking my E-ail.

the work offline is under the file menu.
go up to file then scroll down to work offline Smile

Thanks.Now I can Buy TWS Items Quick and Holiday Items.

smorkle wrote:
i wish i had your luck!

I think it wont be good, cause I have Luck in Computer Games but in Board Games most always I get 1 from the dice.

I've tried it multiple times but it just doesn't work for me....I keep getting the same item over and over again...is there something I'm not doing right??

Sanakan wrote:
I've tried it multiple times but it just doesn't work for me....I keep getting the same item over and over again...is there something I'm not doing right??

i never buy the boxes first. i always go offline then go to the store to purchase boxes. after i open it, if i don't want the item i refresh --while it's refreshing i put back to online so that PS never knows i bought the box.

i've noticed that if you buy the box prior to going offline, you are stuck with whatever item is in there.

smorkle wrote:
Sanakan wrote:

i never buy the boxes first. i always go offline then go to the store to purchase boxes. after i open it, if i don't want the item i refresh --while it's refreshing i put back to online so that PS never knows i bought the box.

i've noticed that if you buy the box prior to going offline, you are stuck with whatever item is in there.

I see...well, what if I already have one box prior to buying another one while offline?? Do you think that's the problem here??

Sanakan wrote:
smorkle wrote:
Sanakan wrote:

I see...well, what if I already have one box prior to buying another one while offline?? Do you think that's the problem here??

i've noticed that if you already have a box it will be whatever PS has already assigned it. i even tried gifting it back and forth and it doesn't change the contents. when i do the boxes trick i usually use my other pet that doesn't have any boxes in his chest.

does anyone else have that same problem??

smorkle wrote:
Sanakan wrote:
smorkle wrote:
Sanakan wrote:

i've noticed that if you already have a box it will be whatever PS has already assigned it. i even tried gifting it back and forth and it doesn't change the contents. when i do the boxes trick i usually use my other pet that doesn't have any boxes in his chest.

does anyone else have that same problem??

Okay!! I'll go try it out now...since I already have a few boxes in my inventory...I'll try clearing it out and doing the box trick and let you know...Smile

Edit: Success!! It really is that you can't already have the boxes in your inventory to be able to complete the trick...:p

I just tried the trick 15 times with a small RMB.
*I was looking for a space rug.*
No space rug all 15 times and
3 times I got doubles.
On average, how many tires until you get what you're looking for?

ZIM402 wrote:
3 times I got doubles.

send me a f/r (with your forum name in the message or I will ignore it) and I will gift you a space rug x

Dont forget if there is an item you cannot get out of the boxes you can check to see if there is one in Rosies swap shop that you can swap with

CLICK HERE FOR ROSIES SWAP SHOP

Or if it is a 999 item than you can ask for it in the 999 wish list

CLICK HERE FOR WISH LIST

ZIM402 wrote:
To: kasijab

What is a f/r and how do i send one to you?

a f/r is a friend request and you send one by clicking on the facebook link under my name and then clicking on add as friend

ZIM402 wrote:
3 times I got doubles.

make sure that the space rug is really in the RMB first. you can check on kogaweb via our home page. click on our home page up above, then scroll down to the bottom right corner where you will see the word "search".
you can search through there to see if that item exists in the RMB. that way you won't be wasting your time.

but like lea said, you can always go to the swap shop or put it on the wish list too! they are both great great!!!!

Thank you both for your help. I knew the space rug was in a RMB, but I like the idea of a list of things in the MBs. I will definitely check that out thank you. : )

ZIM402 wrote:
Thank you both for your help. I knew the space rug was in a RMB, but I like the idea of a list of things in the MBs. I will definitely check that out thank you. : )

accepted your friend request and have sent you a space rug .....enjoy xx

Zoonie wrote:
The offline glitch stopped working for me Sad

really???? since when? i haven't tried in awhile cuz i've been off. oh no!!! this is bad...

Since 3 weeks at least I think, I gave up buying them, and about a month behind on the items Sad
Even sending the box to someone else didn't change the contents.

tried it yesterday found 4x999s and the new santa mayor picture i was so lucky

smorkle wrote:
ugh!

ok, i'm going to try again right now.. *fingers crossed*

You're my lucky charm for boxes, if you can't do it, no one can congratulations

esperia wrote:
tried it yesterday found 4x999s and the new santa mayor picture i was so lucky

That's great!
Make sure to check the list of 999s too and stuff removed from boxes - we need to be up to speed and check what they're likely to remove.
Personally I didn't like that dodecahedron lantern and used some for payments last week, only to find they're gone now, so might rise in value (or then again, maybe no one likes them anyway congratulations)

ok it still works but only if you have zero boxes in your chest and you have to be offiline before purchasing your box.

click "offline" first
then purchase your box of choice
then open, if you don't like it then click refresh
while it's refreshing click "online" again.
don't click "online" until it starts refreshing or else you'll be stuck with the bad item.

good luck!!!!! when i just tried it, it gave me 3 stickers in a row!! whoop whoop!!!

Oh OK will try that in a quiet moment ...whenever that might be congratulations
Thanks Smorkle!

i had no idea about neither the old one nor the new one!!!! i was always buying GMB and i am still do but i do not have any rofit since almost all the 999s were removed!!!! MadLaughing i am curious i will try it right now smorkle!!!

Fashionista wrote:
i had no idea about neither the old one nor the new one!!!! i was always buying GMB and i am still do but i do not have any rofit since almost all the 999s were removed!!!! MadLaughing i am curious i will try it right now smorkle!!!

good luck hun! hope it saves you $$$

I've been having decent luck with it I'll admit I don't do boxes as often cuz it's more time consuming and gets on my nerves lol. But I have gotten some good results, I need to do some more. I've gotten some of the cool newer items I've wanted and made some coins off ones I didn't I wanna buy that balcony so mama need extra $ congratulations lol.