Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Virtuous

OK....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE NOTES, A STUDY...ANYTHING -THEY WILL SHARE WITH ME CONCERNING DISTRACTIONS! I AM BEGINNING TO THINK I HAVE A MAGNET ON MY FOREHEAD THAT READS "PICK ME, PICK ME...I WANT TO BE DISTRACTED AND DECEIVED!"

I don't have notes or a study, but what I do know is that the resurrection power of God is on the inside of you and you have the power of death and life in your mouth. You need to speak to the mountain of distractions and command it to BACK OFF!!!! Distractions are harrassing spirits and they are subject to YOU because YOU have the power and the authority!!! SPEAK TO IT...COMMAND IT!!! Behold...God has given YOU THE POWER!!!!!

Pray in your Heavenly language and pray the perfect will of God for YOUR life!!!!

Ok...I didn't make it to Bible Study last night. One of my Sister's in the Lord texted me the topic and two scripture's last night. The topic? Deception! I didn't read the scripture's last night and I thought about them this morning but I NEVER read them. There's this thing with me that I know the enemy has a field day about....I don't like to read. I've NEVER liked to read. There are times when I can study the word of God and then there are times that I literally have to MAKE myself read just "one" verse. So a lot of times, I get it from others (I know, I know, I know...I have to get more for myself-one on one with God).

So after posting this thread, I began to read the scriptures she gave me and the reference scriptures to go along with them.

I know the distractions that are being thrown my way have also come to deceive me in this particular area - especially concerning one particular person and now it seems that they are coming out of the wood-works! And they ALL have a way of "sweet talking" me to believe they are geniune in what they are saying. (The commentary in my bible says it like this - "Honey on the lips and poison in the heart") I have had previous, shall I say escapades, with each of these men and have cared deeply for them before. I have been praying and believing God for my husband for almost 5 years (seriously, I mean). Recently, He has given me confirmations concerning the union of my husband and I; which I think is closer than I realize so I'm expecting him to approach me any day now but I don't want to be deceived by distractions that have come to be a counterfeit of the TRUE MAN OF GOD/PRIEST OF MY CASTLE!

One of the scripture's she gave to me is Judges 16:4-20 (I read the entire chapter - but we all know the story of Samson and Delilah) My commentary has really caused me to think about this thang...

"Samson was deceived because he wanted to believe Delilah's lies. Although he could strangle a lion, he could not smother his burning lust and see Delilah for who she really was. How can you keep your desire for love and sexual pleasure from deceiving you? (1) You must decide what kind of a person you will love before passion takes over. Determine whether a person's character and faith in God are as desirable as his or her physical appearance. (2) Because most of the time you spend with your spouse will not involve sex, your companion's personality, temperament, and commitment to solve problems must be as gratifying as his or her kisses. (3) Be patient. The second look often reveals what is beneath the pleasant apperance and attentive touch."

A person can talk a good game but eventually, just as the old saying goes, their TRUE identity will be revealed! If I follow the advice given in number 1 alone, I WILL NOT be deceived in this area. Distractions will come but number 1 has given me a very much needed tool;or should I say guideline...

Cholette,

I was going so fast that I clicked the wrong thing to modify after I was prompted.

You are absolutely right. I need to pray more in my heavenly language because I just don't know what to pray anymore about this. So I know if I pray in my heavenly language, God will intercede for me and line my prayer up with His Will for my life...just like you said!

Thank you girl. It seems like lately I've needed you to "REMIND" me of some thangs...Good looking out!

A minister from back in my hay day told me this..."If you want to know what the Lord is doing for you, watch the devil". I didn't understand that until I became more mature in God (not that I'm mature). I realized that the devil only comes at you in the area where God is working on you the most. Since God has been confirming about your mate and all these honey lipped men are showing up...ummm...guess what? I'm just sayin...

Tell the devil to leave you alone and continue forward in your walk.

Also, don't be in condemnation over not reading. Some people are not readers. I have my seasons where I look at the Bible and just stare at the pages because it all looks like braille. Listen to CD's of the Word or listen to your Pastor's teaching tapes...just get the Word of God in you! It's okay girl...really it is!

Thank you! I try to read and sometimes I just DON'T get it. Other times...I get it. The times I don't get it, I get really discouraged. I have been able to read alot of bible/scriptural based books lately that I really enjoy! I even wrote a poem about it in 2004...
PRAYER FOR UNDERSTANDING

Oh, God, teach me to find understanding in reading your word,
For it is written in a language, I have never heard.

I try studying the Bible to learn about you and what you ask of me,
But I can’t make sense of it, to be who you want me to be.

I’m hungry for your word, and I desire to be fed,
The devil is attacking me; starting in my head.

I need to speak the Word of God and rebuke him in the name of Jesus,
So he will know that the solid foundation I stand; is only for the righteous.

Meditating on your word is hard when I don’t understand,
What to apply to my life to live eternally in the Promise Land.

Father, God, I pray, that you open my eyes so that I can see your greatness,
Touch my mind so that I can live in your likeness.

Thank you, God, I now have Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding to seek your face,
For Power, Love, Salvation, Peace, Faith, Meekness, Gentleness, Longsuffering, Goodness, Temperance, and Grace.
Since God has been confirming about your mate and all these honey lipped men are showing up...ummm...guess what? I'm just sayin...

My thoughts exactly. To be honest, this shouldn't surprise me because I've had dreams warning me about marrying the wrong man and so have one of my co-workers. Thinking back on them, how can I marry the wrong one if the wrong one doesn't try, huh? I just have to remember to seek God about it every step of the way and WATCH AS WELL AS PRAY!
Thank you Cholette...just as always, you don't know how much I appreciate you! I love you girl!!!! - I'm not sure if you can see this emoticon. I can see the first one but not this one. If you can't it's the "rubbing cheeks" one. I was going to choose another one but this is the one that really shows what I'm feeling right now! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Virtuous.......you're going to think this is funny, but there is a preacher on TBN that says if your future man doesn't hold down a job for a while, have a place of his own to live, AND has his own car, then he's not ready to be the husband for you. Steve Harvey was on TBN the other day as well and he said the SAME thing. I guess men need to be the man of their lives first before they can be the man for somebody else. I just thought that might be a good humanly test to hold potential guys up to (in order to hold them up to the light to see if they're a deception or not). Steve Harvey just wrote a book called, "Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man." I just might get it. Sometimes a dose of reality into the minds of men is what we women need. It isn't good for anybody to enter marriage blindly, or with rose colored glasses.....believe me, I know.....marriage #2 ending here :)

Christa,
I agree with you but there are men out there with ALL that you have said and STILL not husband material. Of course it is true though and those characteristics are a start. Right now, my main concern is if he's a true man of God. One who loves God.

Right now, I'm in a place of trusting God for my husband. Because as it turns out, my picks are NOT the ones and have only caused heartache and pain.

I'm sorry.....I didn't mean to make you sad if I did.

Don't be discouraged. Jesus knows what you're going through. In fact, I want to pray for you right now: Jesus, please heal any wounds that have been left behind by the men in the past. Please Jesus give Virtuous keen discernment on who her future husband is, that she will know immediately that You sent him and only You. I come against anything evil that's trying to cloud the light and the truth of who Virtuous' future husband is in Jesus' name. I bind you satan and I command you and your followers, beit supernatural or natural, to leave her be in Jesus' name. Holy Spirit please come and comfort Virtuous and carry her through this time while she waits. Give her peace Lord, thank you for your love and grace, amen. God bless you.

Oh, no Sweetie! You didn't make me feel sad.

However, THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYER! Maybe THAT particular prayer needed to be prayed for me this morning. God knows what we need even when we don't!

Thanks again!