Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

My 3 year old -ADD-hopefully not

My 3 year old daughter's teacher and I spoke today and she told me she is not focused.
This was very upsetting to me.

I have noticed things myself and am going to change her diet-too much sugar lately-and green tea in am.Teacher wants to have an evaluation done next month.

I was diagnosed with it as an adult.I dont want that for her.

It is a Christian school and they have no resources there for ADD. I want to keep her in that school.

Jblueskies, if I were you I wouldn't worry about it...really!! I don't get schools today. You need to ask the teacher how many 3 year olds can stay focused...SHE IS 3 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! They don't sit still for anything. I didn't when I was that age and neither do most three year olds. If you need to change her diet, then do that, but don't let them build up any concern in your heart and think that she has a problem, because I can almost guarantee she doesn't.

You just had a baby, there are a lot of things that probably play into her being active and not focused. I will be praying for YOU so YOU can have peace...your daughter is fine!!!

Guest Guest
I noticed this many childrens today are misdiagnosed with ADD
the classroom are over populated and some teachers ..Excuse me if I offend anyone, teachers these days are not commited to their profession..same like Doctors..
When there is a child that is overactive or like in this case probably super intelligent..teachers had the tendency to label childrens
I have experienced this in young teachers from out of college
with not many years of experience in the Field..
Humans beigns do not learn the same way..
if she gets bored maybe try to look for the problem aroundthe child not in the child..
Childrens are a sponge of the enviroment the little brain reacts different than adults..
I don't find this fair for teachers these days..I have seen this done to minorities and to kids that don't fit the regular sterotype..
More than half of childrens in elementary are diagnosed this way..
Shame on these teachers that want a pinic day in school while they get their phd or master's
and moved on for a better job..
I know money is not good for this profession but...It is a Service profession..same as Doctors...SERVICE!

Amen to both MB and Cholette. What were they like at 3? I am sure they were not sitting still.

She will outgrow it. I am sure.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

I have a two year old. He'll be 3 in January and he is ALL over the place! I agree with everyone here. If she has been the only child up until now, that could very well play a major role as well.

I'm not always focused and I'm 36 years old. Does that mean I have it?

I have a two year old. He'll be 3 in January and he is ALL over the place! I agree with everyone here. If she has been the only child up until now, that could very well play a major role as well.

I'm not always focused and I'm 36 years old. Does that mean I have it?