Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Best Ways To Teach your Children About God?

I take my daughter to church with me and she enjoys the music a lot but because she is 3 she is in the nursery not a regular class. I am thinking of asking for her to go to Sunday school class because I think it is important for her to learn about God.She attends a Christian nursery school also. I read her Christian books and she watches dvds.
What are some ways you teach your children about God?

The best way is to do exactly what you are doing. Children learn best from their parents. That doesn't mean that Sunday school can't teach her, but at three years old, you reading to her is best.

I will tell you how my parent taught me. For as young as I can remember, they gave me memory verses and taught me at home. I remember this little book I had that had short verses and my parents took time out and taught them to me. Children at that age may not have a great concept of who God is, but when you put the Word of God in them and teach them about the Bible, they will have a foundation. By the time they are older, learning about who God is, will be simple. When I was 7 or 8 I was memorizing entire chapters like Psalm 1; Psalm 3; Psalm 23; The Beatitudes, etc. It didn't happen overnight...my parents built it up in me one verse at a time.

Also, if you haven't already, teach her how to pray...when she goes to bed, before she eats and if she falls and has an accident. That will lay the foundation for prayer. I always tell my parents I give them a lot of credit for me being a prayer warrior now because they used to make me pray for and about EVERYTHING!!!

Be blessed...I think it's commendable that you are interested in teaching your baby...that is awesome!!!!