Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Is poverty a spirit

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich." (2 Corinthians 8:9)

When you read this scripture we realize that poverty doesn't have to exist in our lives...it does because we think it does. The Bible says..."For as he thinks in his heart, so is he..." (Proverbs 23:7) If you have a poverty or lack mentality, then that's what you will see in your life.

The way you get rid of it is to see it as dead and see yourself as rich through Christ. He became poor so YOU can be rich. It's the same thing with the flesh...we give into it because we see it bigger and stronger than ourselves. The Bible clearly says that our old man was crucified, but the reason why it's hard to control the flesh is because we don't see it crucified. See poverty crucified and see it having NO AFFECT in your life and you will experience the fruit of it.

Read scriptures on your righteousness through Christ. We have been given the gift of righteousness which causes us to be heirs to the kingdom of God...thanks to Jesus!!! When you understand this, the blessings are limitless!!!! I can testify to this very thing!

I also LOVE to read Luke 12:22-34. It shows me the love and the longing that God has for us to be blessed. It talks about a "raven" being fed. Do you realize that a raven is the lowest of the lowest of birds? If God cares for the lowest bird, how much more does he care and provide for us? The Bible also says that He gives us ALL THINGS richly to enjoy (1Timothy 6:17)

Girl, there are countless scriptures to encourage you to believe that poverty is far from you and that God desires to give us his best. Believe His Word and watch it manifest in your life!! It doesn't matter if you have an income or not, God is the source and when you go to HIM, He will cause men to give to your bosom.

Peace and blessings to you!