Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Desiree (Starpop)

LETS KEEP THE PEOPLE OF HAITI IN OUR PRAYERS!

Saints, God is truly coming back!

Haiti has just experienced one of the worst earthquakes ever! SO much devastation has come to the country and we need to fervently pray for the people there and the bereaved families that God will bring peace and healing. Thanks

Thanks Desi for posting this request. Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and has suffered tremendously from the last two hurricane seasons, in fact the country never really recovered from them so this is truly and sadly a devastating blow. crying News accounts say that the death toll is already in the tens of thousands and could pass 100,000 people, one account has the total estimated at 500,000 but I pray that's a case of sensationalistic journalism.

The Haitians need our prayers for protection and comfort in the midst of this tragedy. Additionally, if you feel led to donate to relief efforts, please consider one of the following organizations:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/01/13/haiti.earthquake.how.to.help/index.html

God bless you!

Thanks Lola! I will definitely donate!

It's amazing, when I saw CNN this morning, reporters say there were 40 aftershocks (more to come) and that thousands are sick and injured in streets and buried under concrete and steel! Haiti's president doesn't even have a place to sleep tonight!

I saw one account where a woman's leg was broken and she has been waiting for relief for two days!

It's just mindboggling...kind of reminds me of Hurricane Katrina (atleast the relief efforts are a faster response!lol)

One can't help but to stop and reflect about life. A major disaster can come and affect either one of us, our nation, without warning and seeing what the people of Haiti are going through and what they are experiencing is beyond words. It is the first Caribbean nation that fought successfully against slavery and establish themselves as a free nation. Haiti is a very special nation, our relatives, our friends, our allie and neighbour, sharing a common history and ancestry. Haiti has a special place in the hearts of so many people across the world and we just have to do whatever we can to help them and to be there for them and to share with their grieves and sorrows.

My heart aches over this...TRULY ACHES! To make matters worse (and I'm not going to name drop here), but a well known television "Christian person" said that the reason why Haiti experienced this tragedy is because they made a pact with the devil way back, when they were trying to get the French people off of their land.

All I want to say is...LORD, HELP OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN HAITI and for this "Christian person" HAVE MERCY!!