Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pooky

i didnt think God changes His mind?

i was reading 1 Samuel and the people of that time wanted a king, not Judges, Gods original plan was for His people to be led by Him through the prophets, then through the Judges. He had them set apart and different from the other surrounding nations. The people rebelled and wanted a king, so God spoke to Samuel about it and told Samuel to annoint Saul as king, God changed His mind. He knew all about it and the general cry of the people was to have a king. As i read it i thought.....what if God does change His mind? What if a nation cried out to God for something....what does my nation cry out for? Money? Fashion? lust? What if we cried out for something better?

I don't think it's that God changes His mind in the sense that we do. I think it's that it's whether they are walking in His will or in His judgment. We reap what we sow and God has plans for either way we choose for things to go.

I wonder what the original texts really meant when they say for that verse in English that says "God changed His mind". I know that isn't the only verse that says that God changed His mind. The Bible does not contradict itself when it says that God does not change His mind.

Keep reading and see what happened. There was a lesson for them to learn in all of that. Yes, He asked Samuel to anoint Saul as king, but really notice the TYPE of king Saul was.

Same goes for those who God sent Moses to lead out of Egypt. They kept begging and harassing Moses for food and water. Look what happened to them.

These weren't God's perfect will for these people; but He allowed it (Permissive will)

Thanks for that, so...God doesnt change His mind? He gives us what we ask for even tho He knows a better way?

What if God refused to give them a king? I suppose they would have appointed one anyway?

Being that God is an all-knowing God, He knew they would ask for a King and it was already in His plan. Nothing surprises God.

hi pooki,, ,,um thats garfeilds teddy isnt it?? ,,um i think god can change his mind,,''he repenth of his plan to,,,'' many tmes god was gonna blitz ppl but then didnt,, we change our minds an wher made in his image,,sooo,,,

What if we cried out for something better?

Crying out for God's Perfect Will for our lives and this nation is the best thing.

dreamster wrote:
hi pooki,, ,,um thats garfeilds teddy isnt it?? ,,um i think god can change his mind,,''he repenth of his plan to,,,'' many tmes god was gonna blitz ppl but then didnt,, we change our minds an wher made in his image,,sooo,,,

True...why? The cry of His people?

hi V,,ive had numerous ''discussions'' wiv on this,, um some thangs r non negotiable ,,but i feel ther r areas that r flexable,,becos of gods mercy,, ,,,we dont always get wat we deserve,,,thank goodness, D

I know what you mean P...

Abraham negotiated with God about God destroying Sodom and the rescue of Lot. It is interesting to note, that the Angels could not destroy the place until Lot got a move on, out of there.

Why did God even bother taking notice of Abraham? Because He honoured His blood covenant. The most important thing about cutting covenant are the promises that the shed blood ratifies. Jesus Himself before going to the cross said that He had given us God's word. He rated it of such high importance.

[don't get me wrong - there is power in the blood and WHAT the blood has done]

I do not pray for example...Lord Jesus I plead your blood in this situation... No I pray specifically, the promise/word that His blood guarantees and enforces with my faith in the earth. Then I know I have it in Heaven. This is my authority that He gave me to use.

Covenant relationship is designed to eliminate weaknesses. e.g. Now the weak can say I am strong, because we exchange our weakness for God's strength. The greater party covers the weaker.

God did not WANT the Israelites to exchange His strength for a weak king, but He was honour bound by His word... because He was in covenant with them. He has established it this way.

He holds His word, His promises so highly that He staked His son's life on it and will not violate it. He places His word/covenant promises above all.

Pre- Jesus entering on the scene in His Adamic earth suit, God will find a believer to believe what He says. That makes faith. Then by faith God can manifest. The faith was in the earth suit connecting to God to get His will done. Look at Mary, 'be it unto me according to your word'. That gave God legal permission to bring forth Jesus, whom He had prophesied, spoken into existence for so long through believing men and women.

Do you see the pattern? It is no different for us today...

We decree things lawful (permitted) in the earth realm, or unlawful. As we do, it is the same in Heaven.

Going back to Saul's example. There is a permissive side to God's will. Another example, the Israelites wanted meat, God sent Quail, they got leanness of soul. (not God's best) Because that is what they chose.

Saul represented a turning of their backs on the Blessing and a return to less than the best. However, not only did God honour His side of things, He set in motion the restoratation to the Blessing in David/Jesus. He did not want the Israelites to remain in less than the best, i.e. the curse.

Now that explains to me, why God says, choose life that you might live. I often think, well who would be dumb enough to choose death? Answer, all of us, in our ignorance!

God LEGALLY entered into man's affairs in an earth suit. [the devil didn't]
The only legal entrance into this earth is through the womb of a woman. God 'IN' man is the Christ part. The God part, Anointed part.

Jesus said He was the Son of Man, and inside Him was the Christ, just like in us today.

Now with legal entrance into this earth, a speaking Spirit can decree a thing and God can bring it to pass, in line with His word.

That is why it is so important for us to be careful of what we speak. Death and life are in the power of the tongue. We get to choose our fruit.

The Israelites made a poor choice and got the resultant fruit. But God still honoured His method of operation that He set up in the earth. He is bound to His word.

K

Could say a lot more bout the Kingdom but must admit I've said enough. Hope it sheds some light

P,,,,,P??? just aswell im slow 2 anger and rich in mercy,,K,,, ,,um great words in-D-eed,,