Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boscoe Jenkins

Got another question..

Hello again, I was wondering what do you do when God called you to do Something & you know you have to do it but your still tied to your friends?? Whenever im going through something I tend to retreat & seek out God I've been wanting to do that more since i've been going through trials with my friends. Last Year, My friends & I spoke to an evangelist prophet. She told me that "I will do what it is that God has set for me to do." & that i'm not leaving until I do it. I have not been the same since. Now I have this urgency to move for him what ever he wants i'm down for it LOL. The Lord has been tugging at my spirit to move, he's been asking me what i've been doing. I'll admit that i've been kinda doing my own thing but i'm getting tired & spiritually restless. My friends say that if I take space from them then we might as well just be enemies. I have'nt told them how i've been feeling out of fear that they'll just think that i'm using God as an excuse...What do I do?

Raye...I'm going to be very blunt here...you call them your friends, but they really are NOT your friends. I say that because a friend wants the best for you. A friend that is in God, wants you and encourages you to do what God is calling you to do. They sound jealous and very selfish and in all reality, you most likely won't be taking them to the next level that you are on your way to.

I have learned that there are times when we have to walk 'alone'. When I say 'alone', I mean without natural people walking with us. God is ALWAYS with us and He fills those voids. If you choose to do what your friends want you to do and you finally stand before God to give an account for what you've done, are you going to be able to look in the face of a loving Father who gave you life and say, "I didn't want to leave my friends"? Think about it...staying with people who don't have your BEST interest (which is God's interest) at heart is stagnating you and you are literally choosing them over God. Don't let your friends be an idol to you.

IF you are feeling that God is calling you to another place in your journey...release whatever is trying to hold you back and move on. I had to do that to several of my friends. Not only did they NOT want me to follow through with some decisions I needed to make, they had a hold on me emotionally because I've known them for so long. I made a decision that I wasn't going to allow NOTHING to stand in between me and my God. I gave myself back to Him as an offering. My desire was for HIM to increase in my life. In order for him to increase, I needed to decrease...which means...none of what I needed and all of what HE needs.

You need to get into the Word of God more and allow the Lord to strengthen you so you won't care so much about what others think. People can uplift you, but they can also hold you down...if you let them.

Hear this in love...I desire the best for you!!

Amen, preach Cholette! thumbs

...I was wondering what do you do when God called you to do Something & you know you have to do it but your still tied to your friends??

You...let...them...go. When you remember just how much God loves you and all that He has done for you and all that He desires to do for you, it's pretty straightforward. NOT that it's easy...

There's something that the Lord wants me to do right now and I have to admit that I've been resisting it so I know how you feel. But I'm praying for a spirit of boldness and wisdom and discernment (and whatever else He sees that I need ) in order to do what it is that He wants done and have asked Him to provide the opportunity and make it crystal clear to me when it has arrived. My advice to you is to do the same...pour your heart out to Him, submit to Him, and let Him release you of that fear (2Timothy 1:7). Ask Him to place in you all that is needed to move to your destined place, bringing in the people who will help you reached your place of destiny while removing those people who are hindrances. As Cholette said, get into the Word of God so that He can strengthen you. flower

My friends say that if I take space from them

I didn't understand this part...what space would you be taking from them?

Lola, by space I mean getting away from them :) even if it was for a little while. but based on what will happen when I decide to have my space God has told me to "Be prepared to lose them Permenantly." So im taking that as a sign that God is getting ready to move. I had a best friend that began her relationship with the Lord & she distanced herself from me. I was upset, & I got mad. I thought she didnt want to be my friend. It was'nt until I began to take god seriously & walk with that i understood why she left. I feel that my friends wonde understand that until they've made that choice aswell. Cholette. Thank you for your bluntness I needed to hear that. My mother's been getting on me about that. This is something that has to be done. I have to walk alone I know with God i'm never entirely alone & that gives me alot of peace. Amen Amen!!

Praise the Lord...glad you received what I said in love. Move forward girl. There is a scripture that I thought about last night when I was thinking about your post.

"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life." (Matthew 19:29)

You are never really giving up anything...you are just making room for more friends, whether thats in quantity or quality. Remain in peace!!!